PDA

View Full Version : Question on the GRS berserk stock

kenparker
02-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Hello,

I'm new in the forum and I'm not an expert on arms! I'm a proud owner of a savage 114 american classic!

I got a friend that is almost a gunsmith and we ordered 2 GRS berserk (he owns a 116), to "upgrade" the rifles!

We have a problem to mount the stocks because the stocks bedding diameter(radius) is to small compared to the action. On the website they said that is not need bedding or other stuff!

So we think that they sell us the wrong GRS stock!

Anyone else as mounted a GRS berserk on a savage without problem?
Could someone measure the stock radius?

I'll attach pictures of the measurement

Thank you

Matt

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19p6q1Xw1PCzpr9FG_QswJcd-S5rg3Hky

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nutVu4OcfBsET-o_KWMv2d_TXtMBDMFd

J.Baker
02-14-2018, 05:04 PM
How do the action screws line up?

When in doubt, call the manufacturer or whomever you ordered them from.

kenparker
02-14-2018, 05:24 PM
They line up!!

We already contact the manufacturer and they told us to bring it to a gunsmith to do the modification and install it!

But before do that we would like to know if it's normal?? We think they made a mistake and they wouldn't not admit?

J.Baker
02-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Shouldn't be normal. I'd send them back if it were me. If they're meant for a Savage action they shouldn't have to be further machined to accept them. I guarantee you Savage Arms isn't machining the ones they get from GRS that they put on the Model 10 GRS at the factory.

foxx
02-15-2018, 09:36 PM
^^^ +1

Ken, there is NO way the stock in that pic is made to fit the Savage Model 110. They either owe you a different stock or a full refund of your money. No debating it.

Zero333
02-16-2018, 03:45 AM
It's doesn't look to be off by much.

I just measured a stock I glass bedded and it was 33.1mm. And a stock that was not glass bedded measured 34.3mm.

Your stock measure 32.37mm. With a proper socket (you know automotive tool that goes on a ratchet) and some sand paper you can make it work very easily. You don't have much that needs sanding.

It's up to you if you want to return it or work with it. I'm sorry for your headache, I know what it's like... Many times I had to modify to fit something that was supposed to be a straight drop in.

kenparker
02-17-2018, 07:29 AM
I know is not off by much, and eventually we will bring our stock to a gunsmith!

But I would discover if all the stocks they sell are like this (I really doubt because the savage action is bigger then this) or the mistaken and they won't admit the mistake!!

There's no one that already mounted a GRS Berserk succefully? Without the need of a gunsmith?