PDA

View Full Version : MSR15: MSR Patrol Short Throat?

yotesniper66
02-10-2018, 12:15 AM
I'm trying to load for my MSR Patrol with the 60 gr VMax and LC brass trimmed to 1.753. Using the Hornady LNL case and and OAL guage, my CBTO is 1.849 which puts the COAL at 2.224. Way short of mag length. At .020 off the lands that puts me at 1.829 CBTO and 2.204 COAL. I was doubting my measurements but tried again getting the same results, I've also measured a couple of my other AR's and two of my bolt guns and they have CBTO's that equate to COAL's above 2.260. I also loaded a dummy round at 2.260 and marked the Ogive, loading, extracting, then seating down .005 marking and loading until I reached 2.240. I eased the charge handle and it wouldn't close even using the forward assist. I had to let the bolt slam home to close the bolt. Each time it showed rifling marks, extracted fine and did not change COAL. This rifle shoots Black Hills 60 gr VMax great (2.245 COAL) and there are no pressure signs but it does worry me. I've emailed Savage Customer Service but they are notoriously slow at returning emails. Anyone else have this problem with their MSR AR15 or have any suggestions?