PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a stock on SavageShooters... Savage 10T

Kootenay
02-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Bought a used thumbhole stock on this site and put it on my Savage 10T.

It was comfortable, but I just cannot leave things alone. First I changed the butt pad, then the grip to make it more vertical. Finally I decided to make a kydex cheek rest to help line up my eye sight. I drilled and epoxied threaded screws, then fused two 1/8" kydex sheets together and shaped it. I used bronze spacers and bolted it all together... and yes the cheek riser does not move at all. :-)

What do you all think?

Stumpkiller
02-09-2018, 01:47 PM
I guess if it works for you that is all that matters.

My eyes are inboard of my ears and I'd have to lay on my side to get lined up on the eyepiece. ;-)

Kootenay
02-09-2018, 06:49 PM
Not sure what you mean, the riser is basically parallel to the middle of the bolt in height.

L11.11
02-14-2018, 12:17 PM
Looks great to me, much better than if I'd have tried to form the kydex. Plus the black color fits w the rest of the stock.

Can you adjust the comb height by using different sized brass spacers? ...not that you'd want to, just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Baker
02-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Looks good! I think Stumpy was referring to how far off to the side the kydex puts you rather than how tall it is. Probably more to do with the angle the pic was taken from than anything.

Stumpkiller
02-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Yeah - this one. With my cheek on that I'd be looking down the port side of the scope. ;-)

http://www.savageshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4538&d=1518196623

Kootenay
03-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Yes, I can adjust the spacers. The cheek piece simply unscrews. Currently I have a solid spacer but am thinking to replace it with several pieces so I can easily adjust.

Stumpy, now I understand what you mean. I worried about that initially. When I formed the kydex I mounded onto the existing stock, so it is the same shape/angle. Right now I can put it to my should with my eyes closed and when I open them I see down the scope perfectly... that I will practice and adjust as needed.

cheers!