PDA

View Full Version : Walmart axis II heavy barrel

Pages : [1] 2

protaxidermist
02-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Hello friends
Can you please help me? I was at walmart today and and saw a Savage axis II with a heavy barrell in 6.5 creedmoor. It had a camo stock. Can you tell me what model this is. I dont remember alot about it and cant remember which trigger it had.
I hope somebody can tell me what model it is.
Thanks for your help

foxx
02-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Welcome.

It's a Savage Axis II Heavy Barrel, chambered for 6.5 Creed, camo stock. ;)
Most likely a "Walmart Exclusive".

Seriously, that's what it is.

protaxidermist
02-09-2018, 12:34 AM
Thanks Anybody else want to chime in?

Mb1500
02-09-2018, 12:52 AM
If it has the blade on the trigger than it's the Accutrigger. Not much else to add

foxx
02-09-2018, 05:39 AM
Seriously. That's what it is.
I am not being a jerk.

"Axis II Heavy Barrel Camo"

It isn't on the Savage Arms product website because it is not generally available to/thru other distributors and dealers. It is likely only available thru Walmart.

protaxidermist
02-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Thank you foxx I believe you I could not find anything on Savage site either.

prdatr
02-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Go to the Walmart sight, it should be on there.

BB68
02-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Axis II will have an accu trigger

jlsbassman
02-11-2018, 04:45 PM
It’s an axis 2 Predator, it has an accutrigger. Nice shooters.

protaxidermist
02-12-2018, 12:31 AM
I got some special scope rings Im putting on Ebay. If I sell them Im going to get one. I hate trends but have always liked 6.5s so I will get one in the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have 2 unissued Argentine 1909s barreled actions and I was going build a custom out of one of them in 6.5x55 Sweed and the other in 30-06 so I will keep them more years or sell them lol.

Diamondback
02-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Hello friends
Can you please help me? I was at walmart today and and saw a Savage axis II with a heavy barrell in 6.5 creedmoor. It had a camo stock. Can you tell me what model this is. I dont remember alot about it and cant remember which trigger it had.
I hope somebody can tell me what model it is.
Thanks for your help

I ran into this other story that lists some things...

https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/20170810_141826-jpg.344608/

https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/20170810_141833-jpg.344610/

That is what they have behind the glass on what I have seen.
Looks like a Bushnell 4-12x40 Adjustable Objective.
The Scope mounting must be 5in 3/4 in length to mount on those two bases.

DNZ and Weaver make bases that offer a little more options.

Looks like this dog will hunt with some work.

YMMV

Razor1
02-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Just saw same gun in store and did a uturn to ck it out last night. Started cking around web for intel on it as som was just saying we needed something to play with. Been cking out the lower cost rifles and this has my attention. What is the word on how it shoots etc...? We’ve been looking at all the other options and like others out there im more confused than ever between the choices. Just want to hear from normal shooters and not “ youtube”. As im not impressed wth some of them. Thanks in advance and hope to be in contact wth you. Steve

foxx
02-23-2018, 10:22 PM
yIt will likely shoot very accurately. Whether you will enjoy shooting it is a tougher call. I, personally do not like shooting any of the Axis rifles with their plastic factory stocks. They are much nicer with a Boyd's stock, in my opinion. Those with Accutriggers are nicer than the standard triggers.

Razor1
02-23-2018, 11:36 PM
ok, thanks. I figured /hoped id hear " accurate". the heavy barrel was what really caught mu eye. Had seen axis with one. Put a Boyds stock on a Marlin XL7 and made a whole different gun. Its just kinda between this and the TC Compass at Kentucky Gun Co that i can get the gun and Vortex Crossfire II 4x14 for like $386 right now plus the $ 25 at my FFL. Son has Ruger American 243 that shoots awesome. Other guns are all CZ's. Really like them. Gonna go get the Axis in my hand tomorrow and ck it out. Waited for a person and never showed up, Thanks again,

protaxidermist
02-24-2018, 12:52 AM
I have only shot mine a couple of times since I got it last Sunday. The conditions where terrible and I did not do anything to adjust the trigger. The trigger was rough but after I got home I reset the trigger to the lowest setting. Wow what a difference! The travel is shorter and of course lighter about 3 lbs guessing but feels so much better. I was very concerned about the trigger because if I could not improve it I would have to put a aftermarket trigger in it. The few shots I made with the rough trigger I can still tell its going to be accurate. Now just waiting for a good day to shoot. I dont know much about most of the economy guns out there but it would be hard to beat this one.
If anybody is setting on the fence about buying one get off the fence and go to Walmart and buy one.

penna shooter
02-24-2018, 05:34 AM
Congrats....You know what you have, right? Solid Shooting...Enjoy.

charlie b
06-20-2018, 04:29 PM
Yes, they are good shooters. Got one last year in .223 Only put about 600 rounds through it so far :) I like it a lot. If I do my part it will do less than MOA.

The scope is weak link, IMHO. It is ok for most work, but, it is a low end scope. Reticle adjustment has a bit of slop. Low light conditions it is not great.

But...Cabelas has 12FV's for not much more without the scope.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

charlie b
06-27-2018, 02:21 PM
Here is an average day at the range with my .223 HB "Walmart Special"

The left three bulls were shot first. Then I adjusted and shot the 300yd target. Then readjusted the scope and shot the right two bulls. The 8 round group was shot 'rapid' fire as I wanted to see if there was any dispersion in the barrel at that point. I was also happy that the cheap scope that came on the rifle readjusted to zero.

The center bull on the left is about .5" Not my best group but one of my best with this load.

And 4 round groups cause that's what the magazine holds :)

The flyer on the 300yd target was a scope issue. I forgot to refocus so a bit of parallax error. FYI the grid on tha background is 1/2" squares.

Spread in any of the groups is probably due more to me than the rifle. I am decent, but, not a great shot.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/596d900c0ff18a2df9f6359b73a43b81.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/c76ef9d7b026de3894e08ba7e5a89b54.jpg

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

onespeedbiker
07-09-2018, 01:13 PM
yIt will likely shoot very accurately. Whether you will enjoy shooting it is a tougher call. I, personally do not like shooting any of the Axis rifles with their plastic factory stocks. They are much nicer with a Boyd's stock, in my opinion. Those with Accutriggers are nicer than the standard triggers. I too am a fan of a Boyd stock, I have one on an AXIS XP ii. However the OP should keep in mind Boyd does not make a stock that will accept a Heavy/Bull barrel without inletting of barrel channel. IOW the barrel will not just drop in without being fitted. Not a big deal, but worth knowing..

edit: My bad, I see they now have an AXIS Bull Barrel stock. Great!

jlsbassman
07-09-2018, 09:04 PM
I too am a fan of a Boyd stock, I have one on an AXIS XP ii. However the OP should keep in mind Boyd does not make a stock that will accept a Heavy/Bull barrel without inletting of barrel channel. IOW the barrel will not just drop in without being fitted. Not a big deal, but worth knowing..
I disagree, just got off the web site for boyds and they show a savage axis, detachable mag, bull barrel.