PDA

View Full Version : New owner from Southeastern Washington State

mnrobitaille
02-06-2018, 03:08 AM
I'm a new owner, as I purchased earlier today, a Stevens 320 Field Grade/Security Combo Pump Shotgun. I have not yet had a chance to shoot it, but will very soon.

I live in Southeastern Washington State in the small city of Kahlotus, where I am on the City Council. The Stevens 320 is my 2nd firearm, as I also have a Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD .40.

I'm currently in the midst of becoming a Life Member of the NRA, & am a NRA Recruiter, as well as am also a USCCA Affiliate. I am also a committee member of the Columbia Basin Friends of NRA.

Triggerhappytv
02-06-2018, 05:06 AM
Hey, nice to see all these folks from Washington. Can't help be somewhat jealous of how lucky you are to be in eastern Washington, where being a public gun owner doesn't disqualify you from participation in governance.

With a shotgun and a pistol all you have left is at least one rifle. I suggest you wait till Savage puts a rebate and discounts their 12FV series. Make fantastic rifles to build off and grow into as a shooter.

drybean
02-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
02-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Welcome from northeast georgia

big honkin jeep
02-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Welcome

mnrobitaille
02-07-2018, 02:39 AM
Hey, nice to see all these folks from Washington. Can't help be somewhat jealous of how lucky you are to be in eastern Washington, where being a public gun owner doesn't disqualify you from participation in governance.

With a shotgun and a pistol all you have left is at least one rifle. I suggest you wait till Savage puts a rebate and discounts their 12FV series. Make fantastic rifles to build off and grow into as a shooter.

Within Washington State right now, things are in a bit of limbo as there are several bills going through state legislature which would harm responsibly armed, law abiding citizens. We still have our share of non-government mandated gun-free zones as well, over here in Eastern Washington.

Basically the only things that should disqualify a person from public service should be a felony charge.

In regards to getting a rifle, it might be some time before I take that step.

ragsflh
02-08-2018, 12:52 PM
howdy

mnrobitaille
02-11-2018, 12:50 AM
Did a minor break-in today, shooting a box of Estate Super Sport Competition Target Load at some clay. I shot 10 rounds through, my wife shot 8, & my father shot 7, so 25 rounds in total so far. Next Saturday, will be participating in a Pheasant Hunt for those that participated in & passed Hunter Education in 2017. Part of the day will be shooting at clays while, of course, the other part will be going after pheasants.

mnrobitaille
02-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Tomorrow is the pheasant hunt & clay shooting. So I'll get a chance to shoot 2 different loads through the Stevens 320.

penna shooter
02-17-2018, 05:04 AM
Welcome from the Right Coast..