PDA

View Full Version : Spotting scope value

WV1951
02-02-2018, 04:40 PM
This isn't for sale. Didn't think I should put this is the for sale section. If it should be moved. please do. Trying to decide whether to hang on to or sell at sometime. I am no longer shooting, but may get back into sometime.
Found very little on line to help me out. Older Tasco Japan model 34T 25x50 with a mini tripod in great condition w/ original box, if that matters. One page manual was printed 1982, so I assume this is early eighties vintage.
Is it only worth a few bucks? May not be worth much due to what shipping costs would add.
Any opinions?
http://i.imgur.com/AfuZq04.jpg (https://imgur.com/AfuZq04)

WV1951
02-04-2018, 04:48 PM
pic added

J.Baker
02-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Best place to look for pricing info on something like that is going to be Ebay, and then it's still all a matter of what someone's actually willing to give for it.

yobuck
02-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Not to sound crass, which it probably does, but worth only what somebody might be willing to pay.
Much better known scopes are selling on Ebay for peanuts.
I recently bought an older Bushnell Sentry model in mint condition for the starting bid of $13 since i was the only bidder.
Now think about this, the guy had to pay ebay for selling it, then ship it to me, so was it even worth the trouble?
I would just keep the scope, use it for bird watching, or maybe even on a trip to a beach or somewhere, it could be usefull.
I even keep a small one on my boat for spying on other anglers. If their hanging in one spot very long, i wanna know why.
Get a car window mount for it on ebay, and keep it handy, you might be glad you kept it.

WV1951
02-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Best place to look for pricing info on something like that is going to be Ebay, and then it's still all a matter of what someone's actually willing to give for it.

Very familiar with that routine. It is so old there are none in the pipeline.

Yobuk, pretty much what I thought, but thought maybe someone had experience with one and would weigh in. I figured after shipping is added, it wouldn't be worth trying to peddle.

I'll hang on to.