PDA

View Full Version : Axis Inletting Boyds Stock???

CaptnC
02-01-2018, 01:12 AM
I jst received my Zombie thumb hole and found its not a true drop in. The factory trigger doesn't fit...does not, no real big deal. I've had to do the same thing on my 2 Choate stocks.

Ok...here's the question;

All Boyds are for short mag rifles, but my rifle is the "long action" or long mag. It appear's they have outlined where I need to open up the mag well to except the mag.

Great looking stock. The fit around the trigger is tight, which is nice...just need to open it up a little in a couple places. I noticed the safety doesn't go back all the way. If you pull on the trigger it will move the safety to the fire postion, then drop the hammer.

Still giving this stock a 4.5 stars because it is really a huge upgrade! That is nicely done.

Evlshnngns
02-01-2018, 02:06 AM
I think you can order the long magazine well, just not with the the bull barrel. My Boyds was also tight in the trigger/tang area.

DrThunder88
02-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Just a little correction: Boyds does sell Axis stocks for long action chamberings. Certainly all of the HB Axis stocks they sell are for short action guns, but that's because all factory Axis HBs were short action.

One thing that short action Boyds Axis stocks have that long action variations don't is the plastic magazine catch plate at the rear of the magwell. Mine have all been pressed in place with maybe a hint of glue. It shouldn't impede seating the rifle into the stock, but it will interfere with the magazine.

CaptnC
02-02-2018, 01:06 PM
I ordered mine off ebay...good price aND they only carry the "short action"...it not a big deal.

I didn't investigate it on Boyds site before I bought the stock I got. So it is self induced work...just wondering if any one else had done it.

I have the action in the stock. Still have not opened it up for the safety, but will tonight when I open it to receive the mag.