PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Troubles - Savage Precsion Target Trigger

saskaguy
01-31-2018, 11:51 PM
I am working with a target action and I am putting it in a Boyd Pro Varmint stock. The trigger works fine when it isn't tightened down in the stock but as soon as I screw it down I can fire it once and when I work the bolt it wont reset the trigger. It is a real tight fit in the stock and I thought something might be rubbing so I have removed some wood in the spots that looked suspect and it seems to fit nicely now but still having the same trouble. Any idea's? Could it be as easy as the target trigger is just set to light?

sharpshooter
02-01-2018, 12:00 AM
There is not enough clearance at the rear. The depth needs to be deeper where the rearest most part of the trigger sits. When you tighten it down it essentially trips the trigger.

short round
02-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Also check the rear trigger guard screw, it may be to long.

old_dood
02-02-2018, 11:55 AM
had the same problem after bedding my 12BR in a new SSS stock. after removing enough wood so that the tang was free floated, the action sat lower than before. because of this the sear would intermittently not reset because it was just touching wood in front of it. I determined this by holding the trigger and manually operating the bolt release. when outside the stock, it sounded different when the bolt release relaxed compared to when in the stock. Dremeled off a little wood in front of the sear.

saskaguy
02-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Thanks fellas.....got it fixed up now