PDA

View Full Version : Model 14

P220forever
09-19-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't see much at all posted about the Model 14. Is there no love for this model, or do the members just not own any? I've got a 14 American Classic in .308 and I find it to be a very decent traditional bolt-action for the price.

hailstone
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
New generation gun owners are caught up in the tactical, plastic, painted metal not in the traditional methods of gun manufacturing. There was a recent article in either Rifle or Handloader magazine on this topic. Personally I believe the Model 14 is one of the most underrated, undervalued rifles available. Unfortunately with recent price increases its now approaching $800 retail but bargins are still out there. Last couple I picked up were under $600 while my first one was $400. Definately not bad for deeply blued metal, walnut stock, cut checkering and either detachable magazine or hinged floor plate. I'm still undecided whether the new bolt release is an improvement or step backward.

Predator1
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I own a model 14 classic in 243. Super little rifle! Clean lines and very nice fit and finish. Most people go for the newest and latest offerings and these wonderful classics are left for the guys that still cherish a classic american rifle.

Harriershot
09-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I have a 14 in .243 as well. Great looks great shooter I won't ever sell this one.

Charlie