PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: mark ii TR V: target (not tatical) style wood stock???

chop house
01-27-2018, 08:36 PM
everything google returns relating to mark ii TR V shows a tactical or pro varmint style stock. just saw a rifle with walnut stained hardwood and the box end flap states TR V. when were these made, and what version of savage catalog would have them listed - or were they special build for big box stores? thanks

J.Baker
01-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Savage used to offer GV models (blued heavy narrel, walnut stained sporter looking hardwood stock). If the box was marked TR V then I would guess it's a special run for someone as such a thing has never been cataloged.

chop house
02-01-2018, 10:57 PM
thanks. there is a barcode inside the stock that closely matches (with a couple digits differing) the part number of a boyd's rimfire hunter stock. Also, there is a second barcode in the stock that starts with PO000xxxx and i can almost guess that is the purchase order number for a special run, as you suggest.

the only other info on the net happens to be auction listings of the very same rifle i encountered... i thought initially that i was on to something... then the light went on and i said... 'hey, wait a minute.... that rifle looks TOO familiar'