PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Diagrams and Schematics...?

No_Style
09-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Does anyone know where (if) there exists published exploded views and/or schematics for rifles (particularly savage rifles...specifically a 10 FCP-K)?

In particular what I'm chasing is some measurements of the outer diameter of the barrel and receiver (yes I could measure them, but the thing is with the gunsmith for a little while yet)...

The purpose is actually to try and work out what the lowest height rings are that I need for a (Falcon Menace, 44mm objective with outer objective diameter of 52mm or 2.05 inches) to clear the barrel/receiver....

For what its worth I know Leupold Medium 30mm QRW rings on a Warne Weaver Rail will clear the barrel with a fair margin for error (1/8 of an inch or so), but the low rings won't...

Going to get an EGW HD F-Class extended rail and some new rings (probably the EGW HD Tactical rings unless someone has better suggestions)...

hailstone
09-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Numrich Arms has diagrams of different makes/models firearms on there site. Most are copies of manufacturers schmetics included with new firearms. Most of the Savage diagrams only deal with the model designation not the alphabetic soup after. That's mainly for the individuals who fill orders as too how the firearm is equipped. You have a Model 10 with plastic stock, detachable box magazine and dependant on age could be left hand police action or a package rifle. Makes it very easy for order fillers too pull the right rifle from a shelf of rifles.

There's pratically anything out there in rings and bases needed for scope mounting today. Having tactical in the name will mean premium dollar pricing for questionable features. It escapes me how having tactical rings that will withstand being run over by a tank means anything when the scope is destroyed and firearm damaged but rings are still serviceable. Suspect from experience you will need medium height rings. Should the base be higher than most manufacturers might get by with low rings.