PDA

View Full Version : Traded up a LOT!

want2ride
01-19-2018, 07:00 PM
About a year ago I bought a used 7mm Mag Stainless 116. It shot alright, but it would shoot the first cold shot right on the bullseye every time, but the next 3 would make a really tight group about 7/8 of an inch low. Since it was under a MOA I figured it was still alright for a beating around rifle. Cabelas had it priced at $350 and I got it for about a hundred less than that.

Last summer the local gun shop had a 7mm Rem Mag 111 Long Range Hunter with the muzzle break that you can turn on and off and the adjustable cheek rest. They had it priced at $750 and the owner claimed that they took it out of the box new and only used it to test out a new line of scopes that they were thinking about selling (Huskemaw). and only had a couple boxes of shells through it. It looked perfect.
When we were haggling last summer they agreed to $600, but since I already had the 116, I declined at that price.

I have a $100 mail in rebate card from the purchase of my 12FV just burning a hole in my pocket, and I had decided to purchase that 111 Long Range Hunter if they still had it.... and they did. I reminded the guy that last summer we had discussed a price of $600 but I just couldn't do it. Without even asking him about a lower price, because I decided I was going to buy it at $600, he said that it had been in inventory so long how about $500. I said "I WILL TAKE IT!"

I ended up getting the rifle for $500, minus $100 for the Rebate, minus $250 for the 116 trade in. I had to come up with a $167 for the remainder plus sales tax. I was SUPER excited walking out the store.

I can't wait to get it out on the range come spring time!

Hell of an upgrade for very little out of pocket!

wbm
01-20-2018, 07:42 AM
Hope the new one shoots as good as the 116 Stainless. Brake will most likely help.