PDA

View Full Version : American Rifle Company Releases the Nucleus! Another Savage Pre-fit Compatible Custom!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

yorketransport
03-15-2019, 06:32 PM
A 19 lb spring would be on the edge for optimum ignition. Even though it will ignite, it will not expel all the energy from the primer. It results in a "cold fire", causing a change in the pressure wave, harmonics and a dip in velocity. When the ignition is at this stage "riding the fence", you may get a few shots with optimum fire, and some with a cold fire. The results are flyers.

I haven’t seen that yet, but now I’ll try and watch for it. I have 3 separate barrels for my Nucleus action and all 3 are in chamberings with 100+ gr case capacities. So far the ES numbers have been 15 or less with all 3, but that’s only for 50-75 shots through each barrel.

sharpshooter
03-16-2019, 03:04 PM
15 or less is good. Evidently you're on the right side of the fence.

Txhillbilly
03-16-2019, 06:11 PM
I know there have been some guy's that have problems with their Nucleus action's,but mine hasn't had a single issue. It is just as it came out of the box,minus cleaning off the oil off the outside of the action. I've fired around 400 rounds out of it so far,and it has always fired each time the trigger was pulled.
My action is a SA / LH bolt,and one of the first ones produced - serial#0012. There are several other guy's with a Nucleus actin that haven't had any issues also,that just tells me that something was machined wrong or out of spec in the bolt area of the action.

LoneWolf
03-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Hey Jim, What trigger did you go with on this action?

Txhillbilly
04-21-2019, 10:23 AM
Hey Jim,Any updates with your Nucleus?
I went shooting yesterday,and put another 50 rounds out of mine. I still haven't had a single issue with it,and it still has the 16# spring in it.

J.Baker
04-23-2019, 09:09 PM
Hey Jim, What trigger did you go with on this action?

Trigger Tech Special

Hey Jim,Any updates with your Nucleus?
I went shooting yesterday,and put another 50 rounds out of mine. I still haven't had a single issue with it,and it still has the 16# spring in it.

I haven't had it out to shoot it since I got the heavier FP spring in due to a new job that's keeping me plenty busy.

Robinhood
04-24-2019, 06:22 AM
I haven't had it out to shoot it since I got the heavier FP spring in due to a new job that's keeping me plenty busy.

Do tell....

J.Baker
04-24-2019, 10:22 PM
Not much to tell - this site's dying off so I picked up a job working in a factory. Gotta pay the bills somehow.

J.Baker
06-11-2019, 11:04 PM
Finally been doing some shooting with the Nucleus action. Still playing around with loads, but I'm starting to get it dialed in. Working with IMR-4350, 105gr Berger Hybrids, Lapua brass and CCI 450 primers. So far it seems to like 39.0gr for the charge weight. No clue what the velocity is at this point as the brain box for my CED chrony took a crap. Shot at 100 yards off bench with a bipod and rear bag.

6143 6144
6145 6146

Bolt lift with the 25# firing pin spring is heavier than I would like, but not as bad as a factory Savage. It is heavier than a trued and timed Savage action though.

Txhillbilly
06-13-2019, 11:21 PM
Nice to see you have it firing now,and the load developing looks promising. Mine still hasn't missed a beat with the 16# spring in it,so I'll just keep it that way unless I start having issues.

J.Baker
06-14-2019, 01:09 AM
Having Fred glass bed the action to the stock and install an adjustable comb which should help tighten those groups up. Hard to shoot consistently when you don't have a good cheek weld. This Greyboe stock has a lot of flex in the forearm, flexes right at the recoil lug pocket as it's way bigger than it needs to be. Hopefully filling that in with some bedding will help a bit.

txbdyguard
10-06-2019, 03:38 PM
If I didn’t already own a stainless Bighorn action I’d be tempted.

coyote wacker
12-05-2019, 11:16 AM
I like that companies are build modular actions rifles....if the day come we are restricted on how many rifles you can own changing bolt heads and barrels will be even more popular like in Europe.....