PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Gunsmiths

rmkey
01-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Anyone here in North Alabama who can recommend a gunsmith? I want a smith to do my first barrel swap. Thanks

JeepsAndGuns
01-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Swap the barrel on a savage or another rifle?
I live in north central alabama and have a action wrench and barrel nut wrench. I have swapped 3 different barrels so far. It is really not that bad. I could offer to help if you want.

rmkey
01-19-2018, 01:24 PM
Would be happy to compensate. I am in Town Creek east of Muscle Shoals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmkey
01-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Swap the barrel on a savage or another rifle?
I live in north central alabama and have a action wrench and barrel nut wrench. I have swapped 3 different barrels so far. It is really not that bad. I could offer to help if you want.

Sorry I missed the initial question. It is a Savage 22-250. I purchased a Shilen Savage barrel from a member on this site which has has been mounted before. When it comes to things with more than one part if it is possible to do it wrong I will find a way. More worried about getting the ejector and extractor out of the bolt to headspace. I took apart a mauser bolt one time to replace a firing pin and it took a lot of trial and error to reassemble. I will have to learn to do this but I much prefer to observe the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepsAndGuns
01-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Send me a PM and we can try and work something out.