PDA

View Full Version : 7-08 for the wife

Pages : 1 [2]

tobnpr
02-24-2018, 09:37 PM
Tikka T3's are nice rifles. Their actions are slick as snot, smooth and precise, good choice for a hunting rifle.
Interesting choice for the chambering, recoil is right there with the 7-08.

Newtosavage
02-25-2018, 03:24 PM
I am looking for a ss with wood in 7-08 for my wife. Anyone had experience with the Savage lw hunter or the Vanguard Camille? I prefer SS and wood but not written in stone. Thanks Daniel sorry I just noticed I put this post in wrong forum.

I notice you're in TX and although Pittsburg is quite a ways from Columbus, the LGS has a minty Savage Lady Hunter in .243. IIRC it has a Nikon Prostaff scope on it, in good mounts.

Newtosavage
02-25-2018, 03:25 PM
Ok, the decision was made. I ordered the wife a Tikka Forest in 25-06, should be here tomorrow. Got bullets on the way, now I just need brass and dies.

Oops. I should have kept reading. Good choice of rifles. You won't regret that Tikka. They have become my favorite rifles.

VAFISH
02-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Show me your rifle first!!! LOL Depending on what the wife looks like it depends on which rifle I'll offer up. :)

She might be worth a Savage Axis or she might be worth a Blaser R8 with a Swarovski scope.