PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Savage 72 Problem

rimfire223
09-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Hello and cant believe I found this place.
I have a problem with My 72 Crackshot I have installed a new Extractor and it still is not doing the job. The Rnd will slide right passed it when loading and it seems the extractor is sitting to low in the frame. I have looked everywhere I can think of for a cutaway of this model and cant come up with anything. I have the manual from savagearms.com, but it really doesnt help. Does anyone know on here what might be the cause of this problem.
Thanks
And have a great day.
Dale.

Ithacabuff
12-16-2013, 10:55 PM
I am not a gunsmith but you should be able to go to Numrich Gun Parts and see a parts breakdown for the gun. I am guessing you have a broken or worn part in the inner workings that is not keeping the extractor where it belongs. I believe the system works on a cam which is, controlled, of course by the lever. The gun needs to be carefully disassembled to trouble-shoot it. If you search on Amazon and other areas of the internet you will find books on disassembly of rimfire rifles and I think the 72 is listed in one of those. Start searching the internet and keep googling the terms that might reward you....like disassembling the Savage 72. Often you-tube will have information and videos that are helpful.

wildcat hunter
01-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Winchester shells will not extract in my sons crikett - I have to use federal or remington in it. Maybe you should try another brand ammo.

J.Baker
01-16-2014, 08:00 PM
You guys do realize that this thread is 3.5 years old, right? The guy who started it doesn't even have his account here anymore.

wildcat hunter
01-16-2014, 08:57 PM
OH WOW, I never did look at dates. Will from now on though. Put a dunce hat on me.