PDA

View Full Version : Savage 12 Target action price and help

Nathan gravitt
01-13-2018, 03:59 PM
How much does a good used 12 target action go for? (I know that a good used standard 10 or 12 goes for about $250-$275 but I haven’t seen any target actions for sale.) And in your experience, would the target action be more accurate than a standard model 10 or 12 action? Looking into a long range creedmoor build. Thanks in advance!!

cowtownup
01-13-2018, 04:20 PM
The target action is a single shot action and also uses large shank barrels. Personally, I don't think it will be any less or more accurate than a standard model 10 or 12. I can buy a brand new target action off grabagun for $550-580 so you can base your used price off of that. I just got done helping a friend build a 6.5CM and we used a Model 12FV action, bought a CBI 28" Bull 6.5 CM barrel, Sav-2 trigger, Vortex Gen-2 5-25 optic, CDI bottom metal on a HS Precision stock. It is an extremely nice rifle. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does at distance.

hereinaz
01-13-2018, 04:33 PM
Just get a regular action unless you know you want the target action to single feed it...

My 12 fv actions are pretty dang nice with a custom barrel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nathan gravitt
01-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Sounds like an awesome gun cowtownup! Maybe I should have been a little more specific. The savage 12LRP comes with a target action and 4 round mag? These are the only target actions that I can find with a mag. I definitely want a detachable magazine fed rifle. My understanding is that the earlier models had 4.4” spacing from outside screw to outside screw and the newer models have 3.4” from outside screw to outside screw? I wish they would standardize things so stocks, mags, etc would be interchangeable