PDA

View Full Version : Axis II accutrigger spring swap

Pages : 1 [2]

stedee
01-24-2018, 11:19 AM
Rifle Basix trigger, Sav-1, has arrived.

https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-110-axis-trigger-sav-1/

With this rifle, when I tried to adjust Sav-1 trigger toward the lighter settings, it was better, but still inconsistent.
I had .039" of side to side play now. This is more than the factory Accutrigger had (see above).
At the lighter settings, it could drop when trigger slid on the pin side to side. Not OK........
Next step was to order shims, had to try, made sense to try, minimal cost:

https://www.triggershims.com/misc_shims.html

Ordered misc. pak of shims after calling and speaking with Mr. Shively.
Shims arrived very quick, and as ordered. 8-pack: 4-.007" / 4-.008"
Was able to use .016" on each side. Now I have reduced side play considerably.
Back to adjustments:
Reduced spring tension, checked sear engagement, checked safety and over travel settings.
Now I am at 15-16ozs. and it is much more consistent.
Can't wait to shoot it to see if it continues to function consistently and safely as adjusted.

chewy1010
02-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Not trying to highjack your thread stedee so if you’d like by all means I can start a new one. I bought an accutrigger group from Savage based on the info posted in one of the articles on the main page only to find out the Axis II accutrigger is a little different than the one shown in the article. I could have ground it down as suggested and made it work I suppose, but just by eyeballing the trigger I could tell the springs weren’t going to be lined up as well as I would like. With that being said were you able to get any part numbers for the Axis II trigger housing when they sent you the schematic? I’d really like to just buy the rest of the Axis II set up and be done with it. All I really need is a part number for the Axis II trigger housing. So, if anybody knows the part number for the Axis II trigger housing could you please post it? Maybe we can get an article tacked with updated Axis II accutrigger parts. I simply went through my ffl and they shipped the accutrigger group right to him. I didn’t realize the housing was different or I would have ordered it at the same time. Thanks, Matt.

stedee
02-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Matt, I am unclear from your post as to what you are trying to do. The schematics Savage e-mailed to me did not have part numbers, just item numbers. The Axis II appears to be a completely different rifle than the other models, based on how different the schematics look.

stedee
02-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Finally got to try the trigger at the bench.
I can say that I am more than satisfied with the results, and will not be going
back to the factory accu-trigger that is on the AxisII.

I recently bought one of the Cabela's 12FV's and with the spring at minimum, it is decent, but not as
light and consistent as the Sav-1 w/shims on the AxisII.
I'm sure I will take a look at trigger options for this rifle if it ends up being a keeper.
I need to get it scoped and shoot it to see how I like it.

chewy1010
02-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Basically I bought the accutrigger that was posted in the gunsmithing article. It was almost a direct fit but I knew I would have to grind down the humps on the trigger. And the trigger spring didn’t align with the pocket on the Axis trigger housing as well as I would have liked. The spring would actually be sitting at an angle. That gotcme thinking. Why not just get an Axis II trigger housing and replace the whole thing. I haven’t been able to find a part number for the aluminum trigger housing. So I was wondering if someone could do an article similar to the one posted now but use the Axis II aluminum housing instead.