PDA

View Full Version : Convert from a hinged floorplate to detachable box magazine??

Barneyhunts
01-10-2018, 08:11 PM
I have a model 11 long range hunter with a hinged floorplate centerfeed magazine that I would like to convert to detachable box magazine. I've submitted a technical request to Savage but have not heard back from them and I wonder if anyone on this forum might have experience making a similar change. My reason for doing this is that I have some difficulty loading the rifle due to the design of the centerfeed magazine and the long adjustment turret of the scope I mounted. I've already changed from medium rings to high rings on the scope and that makes loading somewhat easier, but loading through a detachable magazine would be the best solution for me. I also wonder if parts to make this change are available from Savage.
Thanks,
Barney

hereinaz
01-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Buy factory bottom metal, it's the same as the detachable mag metal.

Choose either the cheap plastic, Savage metal, or other aftermarket factory compatibile bottom metal.

It is not a problem... You can get it from Savage, call them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Barneyhunts
01-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Thanks!

Barneyhunts
02-03-2018, 10:17 PM
+Project is complete. Thanks to Savage Customer service. A little time on the phone with them and in a few days I had the parts to do the job and it resolved my issue.:smile-new: