PDA

View Full Version : 110 BA Stealth .338 LM Loose Rail

6ShotsOr5?
01-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Hi. I’m new to this forum. I have been lurking for a few weeks, but I couldn’t find the answers to this issue.

I have a similar problem some others mentioned, my rail loosens up after 30-40 shots, and cleaning the screws and threads with alcohol then using blue loctite didn’t help. The rifle came with four short screws, then Savage sent me four new screws but two were longer. Sorry if this is too elementary a question for most of you, but does anybody know which two holes get the two longer screws?

Also, if you bought a new rail like an EGW for instance, which model and what length screws are you using?

dfriz
01-11-2018, 04:43 PM
DNZ 1 piece Mount will cure this!!

J.Baker
01-11-2018, 04:59 PM
DNZ 1 piece Mount will cure this!!

Excellent job of totally NOT addressing the OP's question.

As for where the longer screws go, with the base off the rifle drop them through the holes and see if they protrude out the bottom further on two holes than the shorter screws do. The only reason to offer different length screws would be to account for different counter bore depths in the rail.

6ShotsOr5?
01-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Thanks J. Baker. Makes sense to me. When I checked, I found they are all counterbored the same. Savage tech support said use the short screws on the muzzle end. Gonna try that with a fresh tube of blue loctite.