PDA

View Full Version : Axis .223 rebarrel

jo2015
01-06-2018, 10:39 PM
I was looking at e.r. Shaw,and the information says that there barrels might be hard to screw into the axis action?
anybody have any info on why?

foxx
01-06-2018, 11:17 PM
About a year ago i came across about 6 Axis that were very difficult to remove the factory barrel. Since then i have rebarreled about 70 without any issues. Perhaps their advice came from similar complaints about that time.
Try to remove it before ordering the barrel. If you can remove the barrwl yourself, you wont need their help installing theirs.

jo2015
01-06-2018, 11:29 PM
No sir,I read that there barrels was hard to install?

foxx
01-06-2018, 11:58 PM
I know. They started making that observation and reccommendation to let them do it about a year ago, the same time I was having trouble removing the factory barrels. I do 100's of rebarrel jobs off of factory new rifles a year. I am saying there is NOTHING more difficult about installing a barrel into an Axis action than a Model 10. There was a short time when REMOVING factory Axis barrels was difficult for me even though I had done maybe 50 the year before. I have not run into any difficulty lately.

My advice, again, is to try to remove the factory barrel yourself before deciding if it'snecessary to seek their help.

foxx
01-07-2018, 12:26 AM
My bad.

I reread what they are saying about Axis. I have no experience with their barrels. Perhaps it is tougher to install their's onto the Axis action.

I have never read anyone here having trouble with them.