PDA

View Full Version : new savage 25 classic 223

Pages : 1 [2]

demo_slug
11-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Is the primer issue corrected ??

yes. the primer issue is fixed. and I'm much happier with how the new bolt functions. it used to be very very hard to lift. so hard, that when it finally cocked, my hand could slip off the handle and bust knuckles on the scope.

it shot OK. @100 yard I put about 120 rounds thru it. mostly 55 grain, but also some 50 Grain HPFBs. the biggest group was 4 inches, the smallest was under 2".

my best group of the day was with 55 grain PMC bronze. I shoved some cardboard between the stock and the barrel. it reduced some of the vibration... but its still their.

in regards to the scope, Bushnell put me on hold for 20min yesterday before I gave up, live and learn. soo I ordered a new scope, a Vortex Viper 20X.

but once I get the vibration issue sorted out, this thing should do very well. I'm 100% sure that getting the stock bedded and swapping the scope will get this rifle up to snuff.

sha-ul
11-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Guns shouldn't hum after you shoot them. That's all I know.

That's only because you haven't taught them the words yet :P

demo_slug
11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
OK.. got my Vortex Viper scope on the rifle and now the hum is gone and the rifle is now shooting sub MOA. ;D shoots like a dream. happy model 25 owner.

the hum was the POS banner scope and midway gave me my money back.

it liked 69g match king with 23 grains of AA2015 (CCI primers).

Wtex
11-27-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm glad to hear it worked out. You had to go through a lot of work to get it where it needed to be. I know you're thankful to be rid of the hum and have it shooting under an inch. While you're trying different loads, try some Sierra 52gr hpbt with the AA2015, that's my best combination.

Joe O
11-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Your pic of the primers was too dark to see well.Have you called Savage customer service and emailed that pic to them(has happened frequently)they more than likely ,would have sent a UPS pick up order for the Gun,without going through a retail dealer.That's what happened in my case,last year.The squeaky wheel gets the grease.Their QC final shot before it goes out the door is where the problem lays.Apparently not looking at the primers after ,and not checking ejection,as well as making sure the barrel alignment is true to the action,would eliminate 90% of the return problems.