PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle breaks for savage 10 308

Pages : 1 [2]

whtsmoke
01-11-2018, 09:03 PM
I just got an answer to my email and Ross said they were still 35 bucks shipped with one day service, guess I know what I will be getting.

zach_
01-12-2018, 08:24 AM
I like my Witt bolt on brake. It works very well. I also have a Little Bastard II. It works very well. The LB II was ~$320 after threading, and shipping. The Witt was ~$100 with shipping. No regrets either way for me. The thread on self timing LB II looks better and can be used on another barrel when the barrel is toast. The Witt might not fit on the next barrel.

wbm
01-12-2018, 09:24 AM
I just got an answer to my email and Ross said they were still 35 bucks shipped with one day service, guess I know what I will be getting.

Great! You will like it.

Bimmer
01-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Anyone ever tried the ones the Jerry Michulek sells(DPMS)?

I have one on my FCP-SR. It was $50ish, and it WORKS. I used a crush washer to install it: Easy.

Good: Recoil is negligible. The noise isn't so bad. (I wear plugs under muffs.)

Bad: It blasts stuff off the bench, and off the adjacent benches.

zach_
01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
I have one on my FCP-SR. It was $50ish, and it WORKS. I used a crush washer to install it: Easy.

Good: Recoil is negligible. The noise isn't so bad. (I wear plugs under muffs.)

Bad: It blasts stuff off the bench, and off the adjacent benches.

Another nice feature/advantage/benefit of the blast area is that people will not set up next to you unless there are no other spots available.

RandyB
01-15-2018, 10:14 PM
I like my Witt bolt on brake. It works very well. I also have a Little Bastard II. It works very well. The LB II was ~$320 after threading, and shipping. The Witt was ~$100 with shipping. No regrets either way for me. The thread on self timing LB II looks better and can be used on another barrel when the barrel is toast. The Witt might not fit on the next barrel.

I just ordered the Witt for my 300 Winmag. Haven't got to shoot it yet. I am impressed by the fit and looks though.

Bimmer
01-15-2018, 10:27 PM
Another nice feature/advantage/benefit of the blast area is that people will not set up next to you unless there are no other spots available.

It's hard on my spotters, though...

Iowa Fox
01-16-2018, 12:00 AM
Do you have a link to the ross schuler muzzle brake you got?

Here is the correct contact info for Ross Schuler. You won't beat his brake for function or price, first class gentleman. He will also tapper and open them up for you at no additional charge. Muzzlebrakes and more is not Ross Schuler, its the website of Nathan Wright.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/muzzle-brakes.3939862/

geargrinder
01-16-2018, 12:32 AM

You'll be pretty happy with your service from Ross. A while back I ordered a couple brakes from him. He had them in the mail before he got my check.

I've had a couple non-brake deals with him too that went super easy.

He's a great guy to deal with.