PDA

View Full Version : 10FCP-SR Magazine

woodsrunner
01-03-2018, 11:50 AM
I am wondering if any other Savage magazines will fit the Model 10FCP-SR. I would like a smaller capacity magazine.
Thank you.
Jim

celltech
01-03-2018, 12:27 PM
I think you could just take an Axis mag, cut off the plastic retaining tab, and slap it right in. The 10<x> DBM mags look to be the same upper with the custom lower to hold more rounds.

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 01:04 PM
I think you could just take an Axis mag, cut off the plastic retaining tab, and slap it right in. The 10<x> DBM mags look to be the same upper with the custom lower to hold more rounds.

No...

Depending on what version of the 10FCP-SR he has, he will either need a 5rd AICS magazine or a standard (not Axis) Savage 3 or 4 round DBM. Just "cutting off the plastic retaining tab" does not make an Axis mag into a standard DBM as the plastic lip around the bottom won't fit up into the opening in the bottom metal as it's thicker than the metal lip.

celltech
01-03-2018, 10:31 PM
I have a 12FV that I converted to DBM using 10 series bottom metal. It uses the double stack, centerfeed 10 rd mags that appear to be nothing than standard Savage uppers with a longer plastic casing to hold the extra rounds. My Axis mags have the exact same dimensions other than the retaining tab. I also have 2 Darkeagle 10 rd mags that I bought for my .243/.308 Axis rifles. They have a removable tab and fit the DBM perfectly once it's gone.

So for mine at least, it will work....

Pmcjeep
01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
The mag from the savage 10t should work. That is if yours is the newer one that takes the savage mags. I would call savage support they should be able to tell you which ones will work and get you a part number.

penna shooter
01-05-2018, 08:08 AM
I have a 12FV that I converted to DBM using 10 series bottom metal. It uses the double stack, centerfeed 10 rd mags that appear to be nothing than standard Savage uppers with a longer plastic casing to hold the extra rounds. My Axis mags have the exact same dimensions other than the retaining tab. I also have 2 Darkeagle 10 rd mags that I bought for my .243/.308 Axis rifles. They have a removable tab and fit the DBM perfectly once it's gone.

So for mine at least, it will work....
Noice....Any pixs???