PDA

View Full Version : Accufit stocks

Newtosavage
01-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Who else is curious about these new stocks? I look forward to seeing them.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/1/3/savage-unveils-the-accufit-system/

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 01:06 PM
You mean these....

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?443-Savage-Unveils-New-Model-110-Series

I have one on the way to play with so some hands-on detail will be coming soon.

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Savage is finally getting into the .450 Bushmaster game with two models for the midwest deer hunters, the 110 Wolverine and the 110 Scout. There's goes Foxx's side business....

Newtosavage
01-03-2018, 01:45 PM
You mean these....

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?443-Savage-Unveils-New-Model-110-Series

I have one on the way to play with so some hands-on detail will be coming soon.

Yes, those. But I prefer the way the AR column presented them. More practical hands-on IMO

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Well, I can't exactly give you a hands-on perspective when I haven't had my hands on one yet. All I can do is share the info they provided to me.

Newtosavage
01-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Understood, and thanks for adding the link. I look very much forward to handling one, and am already thinking of what I'd need to do to get a new stock for two of my older Savages.

Stumpkiller
01-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Two questions:

Can they be retrofit?

Is the magazine detachable; and if so does it have a metal latch or catch?

No problems yet - but that catch on the bottom-bolt-release series & AXIS style center feed mag. sure gives the impression of a potential failure point.

PS - I see in the second video they kept the magazine with the stock mounted release. So just #1 remains.

J.Baker
01-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Two questions:

Can they be retrofit?

Is the magazine detachable; and if so does it have a metal latch or catch?

No problems yet - but that catch on the bottom-bolt-release series & AXIS style center feed mag. sure gives the impression of a potential failure point.

PS - I see in the second video they kept the magazine with the stock mounted release. So just #1 remains.

I have one coming and hope to have it here within a week or two, but from my understanding from the info, photo's and video's I've received on all the new/updated products there's nothing to indicate that they couldn't be retrofit onto older long actions and 4.40" short actions. They are an Accustock, so you would need an AccuStock compatible recoil lug.

Of course, Savage did have to complicate things and add confusion by effectively having two versions. The AccuFit has both the interchangeable comb and LOP features. There's also a few new models that will only have the interchangeable LOP option. Seems a little silly to me - just means a second mold for the two different main stock bodies, but what do I know...I'm just a schmuck with a website. lol

As for magazines, from what I can tell from the photos it looks like the AccuFit models all have the bottom metal, while the LOP models and the new 110 Edge XP package model use the Axis style magazine.

penna shooter
01-04-2018, 01:11 PM
A early reconnaissance would be Noice...

Mr.Hollywood
01-04-2018, 02:57 PM
The current issue of Guns&Ammo that hit stands yesterday has a writeup. They've had one of the new guns in hand for a while.

Having handled the new Accufit rifles myself, i'm pretty happy with the system. If you are over 6'5" or so, you may still find them a bit short, but the vast majority of folks should have no issue getting these to fit them. The big thing is an understanding that getting the fit right for you, is a trial and error endeavor. You can't just tape measure your LOp and comb height and install. You really need to try different configurations until they feel comfortable.

Willy
01-04-2018, 04:37 PM
And now in other news: The death of the flex-o-matic.....