PDA

View Full Version : Boyd’s for my Axis

Pages : 1 2 [3]

chewy1010
01-06-2018, 02:33 PM
I think the mag catch actually slides in a channel or groove in the stock.

GunnyJC
01-06-2018, 06:01 PM

DOH!!! Apparently, reading isn't one of my strong suits either.

ebgb68
01-06-2018, 08:47 PM

The catch slides in the cutout and holds nice and tight on most stocks some have more room.The pillar is long for the varying stock thickness. When installed you get that nice bolt snug up not the plastic crushing sponge feeling.
It also cures some of the magazine issues we run into. I haven't tried to bed one yet might have to try this out .

Want2BS8ed
01-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Yeah, paid for mine Nov. 13. Still nothing. Left two requests via the contact page, and one voicemail. I've received no replies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

That's strange and sorry you are having a problem. My experiences have been the opposite- like ordered on a Sunday afternoon and a USPS label was printed that night. Never more than 2-3 days from Texas to Virginia.

Stay after 'em and let us know.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltcg
01-08-2018, 11:26 AM
That's strange and sorry you are having a problem. My experiences have been the opposite- like ordered on a Sunday afternoon and a USPS label was printed that night. Never more than 2-3 days from Texas to Virginia.

M

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMaybe he's out if them currently? If so I don't care. My frustration is with the lack of communication. If he doesn't return emails or voicemails I'm out of options. I'm not driving from PA to TX for a $40 order.

Really, I shouldn't be mucking up this thread with this. Just didn't want OP to have the same experience.
Sounds as if its an isolated case and I'm don't want to do any vendor bashing. If mods want to delete these posts, I'm fine with it.

chewy1010
01-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Maybe he's out if them currently? If so I don't care. My frustration is with the lack of communication. If he doesn't return emails or voicemails I'm out of options. I'm not driving from PA to TX for a $40 order.

Really, I shouldn't be mucking up this thread with this. Just didn't want OP to have the same experience.
Sounds as if its an isolated case and I'm don't want to do any vendor bashing. If mods want to delete these posts, I'm fine with it.

Your’e not mucking up the thread. This is the kind of information I want to see in a thread like this. I have since found two more people that make and sell the same piece, so guess where I’m not going to buy one? Even if he’s only a short drive from me.

GunnyJC
01-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Maybe he's out if them currently? If so I don't care. My frustration is with the lack of communication. If he doesn't return emails or voicemails I'm out of options. I'm not driving from PA to TX for a $40 order.

Doesn't sound like mucking or vendor bashing to me. If we can't share knowledge AND experiences, why have the board in the first place?

Want2BS8ed
01-09-2018, 12:38 AM
I don't think it's mucking either... I was disappointed to hear someone was having trouble with a manufacturer that I felt had given good service. Facts are facts and not bashing.

Back to the question at hand, two Boyd stocks and both were substantially improved over the plastic part from Savage or Boyd's... no matter who you choose to purchase from, as long as it fits it will make a positive difference.

M

M

ltcg
01-11-2018, 09:01 PM

M

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGot an update!

V3 Precision reached out to me today. Seems as if we are dealing with 2 problems.

Main problem is the merchant services took my money but didnt give it to him. The order was cancelled. He and I are working from both ends to put pressure on them to resolve it.

Second problem is a email host not sending messages. (He is planning to switch hosting services.)

The main issue especially is not his fault. If we can't get cooperation from the merchant company, (they are already trying to pass the blame around), I'll still order again.

We had a really good phone conversation. He's a great guy.

foxx
01-11-2018, 09:25 PM
^^^^Cool.

chewy1010
01-12-2018, 01:00 AM
That’s good to hear. Always nice to know that there are still some good guys out there!

Want2BS8ed
01-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Got an update!

V3 Precision reached out to me today. Seems as if we are dealing with 2 problems.

Main problem is the merchant services took my money but didnt give it to him. The order was cancelled. He and I are working from both ends to put pressure on them to resolve it.

Second problem is a email host not sending messages. (He is planning to switch hosting services.)

The main issue especially is not his fault. If we can't get cooperation from the merchant company, (they are already trying to pass the blame around), I'll still order again.

We had a really good phone conversation. He's a great guy.

Glad to hear and appreciate your taking the time to let us all know.

M

penna shooter
01-13-2018, 06:43 AM
Noice...

chewy1010
01-23-2018, 01:15 PM
GunnyJC, did you ever get your parts in from the guy in the link? If so, how’d it work without the bevel?
itcg, how did your deal work out with V3?
The reason I ask is my Boyd’s stock is scheduled to be here Thursday. I had planned to buy a mag catch and pillars from ebgb68(Ed), but I haven’t been able to make contact with him since late last week and I really want to get going on my stock when it gets here. As long as V3 made good on their end I’ll probably just end up buying from them. Hopefully I can get them rather quickly as they’re not very far from me. Thanks, Matt.

GunnyJC
01-23-2018, 08:26 PM
GunnyJC, did you ever get your parts in from the guy in the link? If so, how’d it work without the bevel?
The reason I ask is my Boyd’s stock is scheduled to be here Thursday. I had planned to buy a mag catch and pillars from ebgb68(Ed), but I haven’t been able to make contact with him since late last week and I really want to get going on my stock when it gets here. As long as V3 made good on their end I’ll probably just end up buying from them. Hopefully I can get them rather quickly as they’re not very far from me. Thanks, Matt.
Yep, got everything in and installed. I still don't know what the purpose of the bevel is. Everything seems to work fine without the bevel. If you go with him, ask him when he'll have some pillars made. Last I talked to him he was out of stock. I also went with the M*Carbo trigger spring kit. Big difference in the trigger for just about $15. Good luck.

chewy1010
01-23-2018, 08:46 PM
That’s good to know. Glad it worked out, but if he doesn’t have any pillars I think I’m just gonna order from V3. I’m pretty confident they’re on the up and up now and I can’t wait any longer. Thanks.

ltcg
01-23-2018, 09:46 PM
The reason I ask is my Boyd’s stock is scheduled to be here Thursday. I had planned to buy a mag catch and pillars from ebgb68(Ed), but I haven’t been able to make contact with him since late last week and I really want to get going on my stock when it gets here. As long as V3 made good on their end I’ll probably just end up buying from them. Hopefully I can get them rather quickly as they’re not very far from me. Thanks, Matt.No word yet, but it's on the merchant services, not V3.

The card I used was a prepaid visa. I don't take money out of my regular household budget for guns. That all has to come from side jobs. Once I have more saved up I plan to reorder from V3.

It sure would be nice to get my money back from chicago though. :(

chewy1010
01-23-2018, 10:34 PM
No word yet, but it's on the merchant services, not V3.

The card I used was a prepaid visa. I don't take money out of my regular household budget for guns. That all has to come from side jobs. Once I have more saved up I plan to reorder from V3.

It sure would be nice to get my money back from chicago though. :(

I bet it would and I’m sorry to hear you had that trouble. At least he finally managed to get in touch with you. I may be in the same boat. Who knows? Save me a seat! I took the plunge and ordered from them this evening. I’ll let you know how it goes!