PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm a Savage fan, South Central Pennsylvania.

KataKenM
01-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Hello all from the Harrisburg PA area.

This is very important for me to share....

"why I am a Savage firearms fan"

I've been a big fan of Savage firearms since I was a young boy, I am now in my early 50's. The biggest influence being.... my grandfather was a model maker and designer for Savage and Stevens at both the Chicopee and Westfield locations for nearly 35 years. He passed in 1987 at the age of 70. His name was Raymond Drewniak.

Since his passing I have purchased and owned several Savage and Stevens firearms. I say purchased and owned because I bought some and some were left to me, given to me by my mother when he passed. He was a modest man, he stored them in one of his closets. I was in the military when he pased, flew home for the services and right back to the thick of things for uncle sam. It was sad, a short visit with my family on such a sad occasion.

I'm a disabled vetern.... hurt my last month in the military in March 1988. My disability rating was not significant then....it is now. Now, at my age, I'm 100% retired and duly compensated. I've lost almost everything in life due to my injury, and to the lack of timely compensation from the VA dragging....their feet! One thing though....I never gave up the firearms that my grandfather designed. I had to sell the ones I bought to pay bills. But I sill have his.....I have all of them that he either had a part in designing or improving upon. I'll never let them go. They'll be handed to my son and hopefully if he has a son the same shall be.

A true honor it has been to hear his stories of "how this worked, or why this thing here did that". I surely miss him and those stories. Seeing the indexing heads he custom made "to make the parts that make the parts" or the jigs that did this or that...it was awesome!

I have instilled in my son a high level of pride in Savage firearms and he still has the Savage rifle I bought for him when he was young.

Pass on the legacy.... SAVAGE!

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the site!

drybean
01-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Welcome aboard

penna shooter
01-03-2018, 01:22 PM
That is awesome and welcome from Gettysburg Pa....Thank you for doing the gig abroad....I to did my time in U.S. Army...81-01. First Gulf war, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan etc....Again, welcome and I'm sure Mr. Drawniak would be proud....Salute.

ragsflh
01-03-2018, 01:25 PM
howdy,thanks for your service

GunnyJC
01-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin.

ttexastom
01-07-2018, 01:30 AM
Welcome from northeast georgia

Hotolds442
01-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Welcome!