PDA

View Full Version : New 110 action coming

wfournier
01-02-2018, 02:14 PM
So I noticed that Savage has been posting teasers on facebook pretty hard lately about a "legend being reborn" etc.

https://www.facebook.com/SavageArms/videos/10155250585543549/

I heard from someone who works for them that they are releasing an updated 110 action (short and long action will both be 110's now apparently).

Not a whole lot more info than that but based on the latest teaser maybe we'll know more tomorrow.

penna shooter
01-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Noice....Accurate guaranteed..

Zero333
01-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Bottom bolt release ??? if so then that sucks because I can NOT buy top bolt release sears anymore to convert them.
No one sells them.
And I hate the bottom bolt releases.

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 08:18 AM
No changes to the action or design, just restructuring the 110 line with new names and model designations. Basically they're getting rid of the confusing 10/11/12/14/16/etc. and going back to everything being a "Model 110".

Keep an eye on the homepage today, I've already posted one release and will be posting more at 10am and 3pm with additional info now that the authorized release date has arrived.

wfournier
01-04-2018, 09:46 AM
No changes to the action or design, just restructuring the 110 line with new names and model designations. Basically they're getting rid of the confusing 10/11/12/14/16/etc. and going back to everything being a "Model 110".

Keep an eye on the homepage today, I've already posted one release and will be posting more at 10am and 3pm with additional info now that the authorized release date has arrived.

Makes sense, why mess with a good thing. I guess I was under the impression that the action was changing with everything being a "110" now and it was referred to as the "new 110." New features, same action.

waynef
01-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Do all the Cheek Riser pieces come with the gun OR do they have to be bought seperate? I ask because I like / need the cheek riser but Im not sure what height I would need and I dont want to keep buying riser after riser until I find the proper fit

J.Baker
01-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Do all the Cheek Riser pieces come with the gun OR do they have to be bought seperate? I ask because I like / need the cheek riser but Im not sure what height I would need and I dont want to keep buying riser after riser until I find the proper fit

All come in the box with the rifle, nothing extra to buy. Smart move on Savage's part IMO.

https://youtu.be/5G4D1D7qdfM

waynef
01-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Excellent ...... Thank you

Minooka
01-04-2018, 01:00 PM
What's the problem with bottom bolt releases how often do you remove the bolt get over it or buy another brand

Zero333
01-04-2018, 10:01 PM
I remove the bolt very often. When you shoot thousands of rounds a year you'd do the same.

Before I make the first shot at the range I check the bore for abstractions. Again check it after every cease fire. Then remove bolt to run bore snake every 50 rounds.
I spend several hours at the range and in that time I remove the bolt several times.

Aftermarket chassis compatibility is also a hit and miss with the bottom bolt release.

For a hunting rifle I'm ok with the bottom bolt release.

J.Baker
01-05-2018, 07:43 AM
I'm indifferent when ti comes to the Great Top v. Bottom Release Debate, I just wish Savage would pick one or the other and be done with it. Ditto for the Axis v. metal DBM's.

Minooka
01-05-2018, 09:03 AM
John Wayne must have been talking about me when I try to figure out what stock and bottoms I need for my savage model 11 trophy hunter xp when looking at Boyds stocks they have the 111 trophy hunter but not a 11 trophy hunter I would like to replace the factory stock with a at- one stock but not sure what to order some say I need bottom metals (expensive) others say they sell plastic bottom parts