PDA

View Full Version : 300 wm stealth stock is loose

Sharpe74
01-01-2018, 09:13 PM
So a little background up front. I own and have shot several rifles with the collapsible stock so i am familiar with them. I just bought my first Stealth in 300 wm. When I got it home and was going over it with a fine tooth comb i have the stock extended all the way out. I noticed it rocks up and down. Even when its all the way in is still seems loose. I got a couple of my rifles out to compare and they dont rock up and down. Is there a way to tighten this up? I was wondering if swaping out the commerical tube for a mil spec would fix this issue? Or should i just swap out the fab def. stock for something different.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Chris

RustyShackle
01-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Hmm, not sure. You might contact Savage and see what they say. They might get you lined out. Without measuring it will be hard to tell what part(s) are not correct.

J.Baker
01-02-2018, 02:19 AM
The Fab Defense stocks are just like that (i.e. cheap). This is one of the many reasons most owners decide to change them out in short order.

Buffer tube wouldn't make much difference and could result in additional headaches as the OEM tube is kind of a bastardization between a commercial and mil-spec tube.

bossmav
01-07-2018, 04:36 PM
I also agree with Mr. Baker about the G shock stock not being much of a stock, but if you are talking about the stock moving back and forth as you push on it, it was designed like that to take some of the recoil out.
I've made so mods to mine to help improve on it because I like of the weight of the stock, I hated the cheek weld thumb screws because they done really work and the weld would move down as I applied pressure on it. There are a lot of other options out there just do a web search and you'll see them, good luck.

The Fab Defense stocks are just like that (i.e. cheap). This is one of the many reasons most owners decide to change them out in short order.

Buffer tube wouldn't make much difference and could result in additional headaches as the OEM tube is kind of a bastardization between a commercial and mil-spec tube.

bowfishn
01-07-2018, 09:25 PM
So a little background up front. I own and have shot several rifles with the collapsible stock so i am familiar with them. I just bought my first Stealth in 300 wm. When I got it home and was going over it with a fine tooth comb i have the stock extended all the way out. I noticed it rocks up and down. Even when its all the way in is still seems loose. I got a couple of my rifles out to compare and they dont rock up and down. Is there a way to tighten this up? I was wondering if swaping out the commerical tube for a mil spec would fix this issue? Or should i just swap out the fab def. stock for something different.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Chris
http://www.ar15fornoobs.com/wp-conte...tube_Specs.jpg (http://www.ar15fornoobs.com/wp-content/uploads/Buffertube_Specs.jpg)
Mil-spec is .020" smaller tube so it will wiggle more, my 10BA was the same, I didn't like the play so I changed it out for a Magpul Gen 3 stock no more play.
LOP 15" to 16.5"
http://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=739.0;attach=4247; image