PDA

View Full Version : MSR10: MSR 10 Long Range

Ericcogdell
12-30-2017, 10:46 AM
I just purchased a new Savage MSR 10 Long Range in 308. I have not had the chance to shoot it yet, but when I do, I will do a review of what I experience. I'm no expert but do have 20 years in the Army working in the combat arms field. I have shot the M16 and M4, my whole career. As a Drill Sergeant, I was a weapons instructor for all the Privates I trained. So, I don't proclaim to be an expert, but I'm comfortable around AR platforms.

Are there anyone else out there that has shot the MSR 10 Long Range yet? What ammo is working for them and what MOA are you getting? Did you do a barrel break-in or just start shooting? What glass did you mount on top?

One last question, how do you insert a picture? I click on insert picture and it is asking for a URL mot file location?

penna shooter
12-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Congrats DI and good luck with the Sniper rifle...

bearcatrp
12-31-2017, 11:30 PM
Probably start with 168 A-Max or similar. Break in is subjective. Go on the net and see what others are doing and pick one. Myself, I lub it wet, shoot 10 rounds, rod it with brush then some patches, lub good again, repeat. After 100 rounds, shoot regular. Others rod after each shot but think that’s excessive. Up to you. Glass depends on your expected distances you want to shoot. If you have good eyes, a good 4x16 should do. If bad eyes like me, 5-25. Post some pics when you figure out how to.

Armymark
01-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Hey Eric, I’m retired Army Infantry and was a Drill as well. I recently bought the MSR LR chambered in 6.5 CM. I haven’t shot it a lot yet. Enough to get it on the paper at 100 yds. I bought a box of the federal with the Berger Bullets and some Hornady SST to get a general zero until I get the brass and reloading stuff I need to get started as 6.5 is new to me. I will continue with some break in with hand loads from here on and then get serious about finding the right combo. I’m starting with Federal brass and 130 gn Sierra TMKs. Not impressed with the Hornady ammo, in fact all failed to eject. Federal with the Berger Bullets were very good.
I mounted the Viper PST 5-25 FFP MOA on top.
I look forward to your posts with your 308 version. I’ll. Report when I get some more rename time.

Mark

Armymark
01-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I’m not sure but! we might need to have a certified not sure but, we might need to have a specific number of posts before you can post a pic. Can anyone verify?

Armymark
01-01-2018, 01:25 PM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7vKH1DT47n4YTExTElRVG94TFlZVS1vRGczV1Zua 3NKY2w0https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7vKH1DT47n4YTExTElRVG94TFlZVS1vRGczV1Zua 3NKY2w0

penna shooter
01-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Bunch of DI's here, were you ever stationed at Ft Jackson??? Did four years 91-94 as a 55 Delta Team Leader there....Good times at Five point pubs....Thanks for your service brothers..

J.Baker
01-01-2018, 03:32 PM
I’m not sure but! we might need to have a certified not sure but, we might need to have a specific number of posts before you can post a pic. Can anyone verify?

You can post pictures hosted on third party sites (flikr, PhotoBucket, etc) as a basic member. To upload directly from your computer to your post you need to be a paid member (storage space and bandwidth aren't free unfortunately).

Armymark
01-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Ah, thank you!

Armymark
01-01-2018, 09:30 PM
I was a drill at Jackson. 94 to 97. I want to say 13th Regiment until it switch to the 60th

penna shooter
01-02-2018, 05:51 AM
I was a drill at Jackson. 94 to 97. I want to say 13th Regiment until it switch to the 60th
Don't you remember a Sky Blue VW Karma Ghia parked at Burger King at lunch???? That was me...
Matter of fact, only Karma there at the time....Sold it up north in WDC while serving the District of a million people in one square block....Right.

Armymark
01-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Don't you remember a Sky Blue VW Karma Ghia parked at Burger King at lunch???? That was me...
Matter of fact, only Karma there at the time....Sold it up north in WDC while serving the District of a million people in one square block....Right. I don’t remember the Ghia, I remember Victory Tower and marching troops and the big Aberdeen Sex scandal that had everyone watching drill sergeants like hawks!

Up up until about 4 months ago I used to travel to DC for work. Glad I’m done with that, it’s a long haul from Anchorage. Your description is dead on, “district of a million people...”. Good thing they got strict gun control there, with a population density like that it could be pretty violent, oh wait...

Ericcogdell
02-19-2018, 11:16 AM
https://youtu.be/YEzUL8mZmBk