PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Savage 25 LWT VAR T 204 RUG DBM Magazine falls apart spilling ammo and spring on the ground

Gautier97
12-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Has anyone had any trouble with the bottom of there Savage Model 25's magazine falling off. When loading it with four rounds the bottom of the mag falls off spilling ammo and spring on the ground. It seems like this magazine can't take the pressure of four rounds this magazine should have never been made of a composite material. I contacted Savage and they sent me a new magazine but it does the same thing.

J.Baker
01-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Sounds like Savage got a bad batch of bottom plates or housings from a supplier. Personally I would probably just glue it on and be done with it as the only other option is to keep contacting Savage until you get a good one.

penna shooter
01-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Welcome aboard...

63Birdman
01-22-2018, 10:00 PM
Had 7 mags and had the same problem with some of them. Sent them back to Savage and they replaced all of them and sent the orginals back too. Out of them all I now have quite a few that work fine. I just don't take the questionable mags to the range. I also printed an extender that replaces the bottom and adds another round to the mag. It presses in tight to the bottom of the mag. It sure would be nice to have a metal mag.