PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with a Rifle Basix SAV-1

Slickyboyboo
12-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Installed a SAV-1 on my model 16 BBR gun yesterday, and the trigger works fine when not in the stock, and works fine when dropped in the stock, without the trigger guard. When I install the trigger guard, the trigger will fire when the bolt is closed (if it was reset prior installing the trigger guard), but will not reset with the trigger guard installed.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Haiku_Rodney
12-27-2017, 04:54 PM
This may not be applicable but I had a similar problem with my Timney on Savage 110. The problem was the sear engagement screw. I had to back out the engagement farther than recommended. I also ran into a problem with the overtravel adjustment. I also backed that off. Now the trigger functions flawlessly.

foxx
12-27-2017, 05:47 PM
^^^Somewhere in there is the answer.

or

inspect wood inletting for interference. I am guessing the trigger guard is adding some torque or something to the screw when installing and tightening. Maybe drawing the action into the stock more and therefore the trigger is hitting something in the stock. Open up the inside a bit with a dremel or small chisel and files and it might be alright.

Slickyboyboo
12-27-2017, 05:48 PM
^^^Somewhere in there is the answer.

or

inspect wood inletting for interference. I am guessing the trigger guard is adding some torque or something to the screw when installing and tightening. Maybe drawing the action into the stock more and therefore the trigger is hitting something in the stock. Open up the inside a bit with a dremel or small chisel and files and it might be alright.

That was my next course of action, but figured I’d ask here. LOL