PDA

View Full Version : Another lefty question

ofdscooby
12-27-2017, 01:30 AM
I have a LH 110 stagger feed and I also have a stockade hunting spotter for it but I can’t seem to get the bedding right and I think the stock is off or bent. I’ve talked to stockade and I don’t think I’m going to get any resolve there. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket LH110 stagger feed stock

Unkgd
12-27-2017, 12:52 PM
I think any of the major stock manufacturers will make one for you if you have a few months- Manners, Mcmillan, Boyds, MPA. Might also talk to Bell and Carlson and Choate as well.

J.Baker
12-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Boyds and SSS both offer staggered feed stocks in laminate as well if you aren't insistent on synthetic.

ofdscooby
12-27-2017, 11:51 PM
I’m really trying to avoid a manners or McMillan on this rifle just don’t think I want to spend that kind of money on it, B&C don’t make a lefty They will sell me one pre paint and I have to paint it myself and when I’ve been on Boyd’s website it looks like they don’t have a LH stagger just CF but I could be wrong

foxx
12-28-2017, 12:15 AM
Yes, Boyds offers left hand, long action, stagger feed stocks

big honkin jeep
12-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Not sure if you tinker or not but I'd probably grind out the old bedding, drill some small holes to mechanically lock in new bedding, and just re bed the whole thing with epoxy being sure to keep the barreled action centered.

Another option is to just get a right handed stagger feed stock of your choice, drill a few small holes in the existing bolt cutout to give the epoxy something to grab, put tape over the old cutout to hold the epoxy in and shape it, then fill in with epoxy and grind a new bolt cutout. Follow this up with a little sanding and paint and boom a left handed stagger feed stock.
Here's a staggerfeed detachable box mag factory takeoff stock I modified a little bit a while back that was originally right handed. I dont have a pic of the side where the old bolt cutout was but you'd never know it had been there there unless someone told you.

ofdscooby
12-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Yes I love to tinker and I have done both of the suggestions in the past. this will be the third time bedding this stock trying to get it right. I don’t know why it’s being suck a pain in the ass.

AUHunter
01-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Yes, Boyds offers left hand, long action, stagger feed stocks

Where have you been able to find them?? I have looked for a while now on Boyds site and even called them to try and get them to make a LH staggered feed Long action blind mag stock and they dont have it.

I am in the same boat as OP. I have had my savage for a little over 18 years and the stock is starting to show it's age. I want to do a small build on it but can't find a whole lot of companies that make a stock. McMillian and Choate are about the only ones I can find.

foxx
01-08-2018, 11:01 AM
You are correct, they do not specify stagger feed, long action, left handed bolt. Only center feed. However, the long action, staggerfeed blind mag left bolt action will fit the center feed, blind mag, long action stock just fine. The only thing you MIGHT have to do is enlarge the mag well of the stock a bit, I am not certain.

AUHunter
01-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Thats what I have been reading and finding out. If that is truly the case then that opens the door some. The Stock I really want is a Manners. But they wont make a stock for a long action savage whether stag or center feed.