PDA

View Full Version : Installing a hinged floor plate?

Woodrow F Call
12-25-2017, 03:37 PM
I'm looking at buying something in .300 Win Mag and I'm thinking of a 111 or 116. The problem is that I don't see many options with a hinged floor plate. Can I change a detachable box magazine gun to a hinged floor plate?

Robinhood
12-25-2017, 05:13 PM
The 116 Weather Warrior used to have a hinged floor plate. You can swap a floor plate into the DBM inlet but there have been some minor changes that might cause you to have to remove some metal/wood/plastic.....or not. You can do it if you can find it.

foxx
12-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Why would you want to do such a thing?

Mb1500
12-26-2017, 12:18 AM
Is there a good source for all of the conversion parts required?

foxx
12-26-2017, 12:32 AM
^^^I don't think so. It was never a popular configuration and Savage discontinued it for lack of sales. Seriously, what is it about a detachable magazine setup that you dislike? Not only dislike, but would spend money so as to be able to dump the cartridges on the ground rather than contain them in a magazine?

J.Baker
12-26-2017, 08:46 AM
^^^I don't think so. It was never a popular configuration and Savage discontinued it for lack of sales. Seriously, what is it about a detachable magazine setup that you dislike? Not only dislike, but would spend money so as to be able to dump the cartridges on the ground rather than contain them in a magazine?

Why all the hate towards the guys preference for a HFP? How about letting him decide what he wants rather than trying to talk him into your way of thinking. I'm sure that with a username like Woodrow F. Call he's been around long enough to know what he prefers.

6.5savageguy
12-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Hinged floor plate is my favorite savage mag. Just feels and looks nicer than the factory DBM IMHO

Woodrow F Call
12-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Why would you want to do such a thing?

Because, I prefer to not have a detachable mag to leave somewhere.

It's a hunting rifle, so I won't need to do fast reloads. I like the fact I can quickly dump the unused cartridges in my hand when unloading. I don't usually just drop the rounds on the ground. I also don't want to accidently leave a magazine somewhere. It's simple, it works.

Why all the hate towards the guys preference for a HFP? How about letting him decide what he wants rather than trying to talk him into your way of thinking. I'm sure that with a username like Woodrow F. Call he's been around long enough to know what he prefers.

You sir, are correct. I've owned both, I know what I prefer..... I like revolvers, lever guns, and hinged floor plates.

Hinged floor plate is my favorite savage mag. Just feels and looks nicer than the factory DBM IMHO

Yup.

BB68
12-27-2017, 10:51 AM
I like floor plates better too.

foxx
12-27-2017, 11:14 AM
That's all good. :)

Mine always dump all over. Can't get the hang of it. The only one I've had was in 25-06

BTW, sorry I kept asking why and appeared like a persistent jerk, beating you up over it. I was sincerely interested in your opinion and when MB1500 asked if there was a good source for parts, I thought he was you, asking AGAIN how to get them, ignoring my sincere question!

Woodrow F Call
12-27-2017, 11:17 AM
That's all good. :)

Mine always dump all over. Can't get the hang of it. The only one I've had was in 25-06

BTW, sorry I kept asking why and appeared like a persistent jerk, beating you up over it. I was sincerely interested in your opinion and when MB1500 asked if there was a good source for parts, I thought he was you, asking AGAIN how to get them, ignoring my sincere question!

No problem. For a hunting rifle, it's just definitely what I prefer.

6.5savageguy
12-27-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm with you Captain!

Woodrow F Call
12-28-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm with you Captain!

:heh: