PDA

View Full Version : .450 Build Mag Questions

Grey Ghost
12-24-2017, 10:35 PM
I just picked up a .308 Axis donor rifle for $200. Match Grade Machine says they’ve got some pre-fit barrels that I think I may go with. I’m thinking of swapping out a Boyd’s stock as well. My question is, what do I need to do to the magazine to get the .450 to reliably feed out of it? I believe the mag that comes with it is a stagger feed for the .308. Can you guys share some picts of your mods? Any tips? Thanks!

gbflyer
12-24-2017, 11:39 PM
I had to bend the feed rails out, replace the follower with a shortened one I made out of aluminum and put a spacer in the back of the mag box to get my
SOCOM to feed. It still nose dives with flat tip bullets, no problem with a spitzer. Center feed mag. It holds 2 rounds.

ebgb68
12-25-2017, 11:33 PM
I've done a few 450's in Boyd's stocks and they feed the first two rounds from the stock magazine fine. It had some aluminum catches made to replace the plastic catch and it seems to help torquing the stock and better magazine fitting. On some stocks when Boyd's cuts the magazine opening they leave a burr that needs to be sanded .
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/aTkAAOSwkWNZng8E/s-l500.jpg