PDA

View Full Version : Rifle scopr for Striker

MarkS
12-18-2017, 04:18 PM
I have a Striker in 6mmBR with a 8 tw barrel. I have a 2.5 x 8 Leu hangun scope on it now. I what to take it long range. What scope do you like for long range Striker's?

Mark

yorketransport
12-25-2017, 11:50 AM
I like either Leupold or Sightron scopes on my LR strikers. They both have the most forgiving eye boxes in my experience. I wouldn’t go overboard on the magnification either. I like 12-14x as a top end on the specialty pistols.

J.Baker
01-03-2018, 10:31 AM
I guess a lot of that would depend on what you consider "long range." For some 200 yards is long range, for other's it's a pud shot. How far out we talking here?

I had the Burris Handgun 3-12x on my 22-250 Striker back in the day and it worked out great for shooting pdogs out to 400 yards or better. Any further than that and you'll likely want more magnification which means going to a rifle scope with a standard (short) eye relief.

Iowa Fox
01-16-2018, 12:18 AM
For long range- Muzzle brake and rifle scope work the best. Leup. Burris, Vortex, Sightron are good choices. Actually there are a lot of good choices. Here's a fun match if anyone is serious about long range.

http://www.moaguns.com/coldturkey.html