PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket trigger fir bottom bolt release

viper26
12-17-2017, 12:38 PM
I've got an email from Rifle Basix saying the Sav-1 will work with the BBR. Timney's site it pretty clear that their trigger won't. They look nearly identical. Does anyone know what the differences are?

Robinhood
12-17-2017, 01:14 PM
I call BS on the Timney. But hey, I'm the guy that made a SavII work on a bottom release.

foxx
12-17-2017, 02:21 PM
RB Sav-1 will work with any 10/110, Stevens 200 or Axis. It's nothing more than an improved, trued, tuned version of the regular trigger. How Robinhood got the Sav-2 to work with BBR is beyond my imagining, but Sav-1 is much more simple design with no clearance issues.

Rifle Basix own site says Sav-1 works with all 10/110's as said above: https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-110-axis-trigger-sav-1/

Oh, I just re-read your original question. Timney and RB Sav-1 are essentially the same. It should work. Or just go with RB Sav-1, it's just as good.

Timney also says their trigger will work with BBR. https://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/trigger-compatibility/?action=load-triggers&model=128

bajeep93
12-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Timney will not work because of the lock nut that they use for the sear engagement. It hits the bolt release. I have a timney, sav-1 and a sav-2. The sav-2 is better than the other two. I think the timney and the sav-1 are about the same. I have both mine set at 2 3/4 lbs. They are consistent and break nice. I would go with the sav-1 over the timney just because of the bolt release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinhood
12-17-2017, 06:16 PM
Timney will not work because of the lock nut that they use for the sear engagement. It hits the bolt release.

I remember that now. There is an easy fix but why bother when the SavI is a good trigger.

Foxx. I did a post on the process right here on this forum. I was prepared to tear down the rifle to show actual pictures of the pieces that were modified but there was no interest. So I moved on.