PDA

View Full Version : Axis Accuracy Question?

Pages : 1 [2]

sharpshooter
12-30-2017, 01:31 AM
Not sure if I understand that last question, but all actions have the barrels installed before finishing. Once the barrels are installed, they go to the proof room. Once they pass proof, only then are they roll stamped for model and caliber. Then they go to the finishing dept.

CaptnC
01-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Well the area of the lug was still black on the barrel nut and I couldn't see any contact...but it could have had a solid enough contact that it didn't rub off.

I was comparing the bolt pattern of the LA and my Axis...they look close enough that a long action that you might can alter the stock to make it fit.

Has any one gave that a try?

foxx
01-01-2018, 01:16 AM
^^^I don't understand the question, or the concern.

The only way I would know to judge whether the design is "proper" or not is if it consistently shoots accurately. Certainly, NO one would choose to use an Axis (in its original factory configuration) for a competition target rifle, but that does not mean it needs to look like one to shoot good enough to be an effective hunting rifle even capable of 1/2 to 3/4 MOA accuracy out to 300+ yards. Personally, I think they are an amazingly well designed rifle. Meaning, they were designed for INEXPENSIVE mass production and still be good shooters worthy of most any sport hunting situation and ranges within 3-400 yards, maybe more. They fit that bill exceptionally well.

If it does shoot well, why spend 2x what it originally cost to remanufacture it while criticizing it for being different than a gun that originally cost 2x as much to produce? Ijust don't "get it".

CaptnC
01-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Your right...I was not expecting what I seen when I dropped the stock off. But like you said it must work...they are still selling them.

I won't spend much more on this build as I would a 110 LA. I have a guy who will be doing he work for me.

This build will used mostly for steel and targets out past 600yds...but knowing me it will end up in the deer woods at some point. I don't shoot competitively so it's just a fun gun for now. And for the fun of working on another rifle.

If it doesn't end up shooting well enough I can always pull the parts off it to be used on another 110 LA and rebarrel it to something more of a hunting cartridge.

No matter what...In the end it will be a learning experience and mean more guns in the safe!

Win/win deal no matter what!:cool::cool:;)

Evlshnngns
01-03-2018, 02:16 AM
I bet it will do well. Finally put rounds through my axis, as accurate as the 12fv next to it. Put a good barrel on it and make them eat crow.

Want2BS8ed
01-05-2018, 02:17 AM
Given the relatively low cost, I'm actually impressed with just how accurate the Axis rifles are out of the box.

If nothing else, it's an inexpensive platform for the aspiring home gunsmith.

M