PDA

View Full Version : Stock question

jrgreene1968
12-16-2017, 06:37 PM
Hi, got a quick question I was hoping somebody could help me with

ive got a Bvss-s I think, in a model 112 223rem
the gun is a single shot, with a long action, 5.065 spacing.
im wanting to replace the stock, and A couple I’ve found ask if it’s center feed or staggered. I’m assuming that don’t matter, since it’s single shot? Is that right?
Also, question on barrel channel. I’m not sure what to get, as far as, Varmint, heavy barrel, etc.
my barrel looks to be .805 at muzzle, and just a tad over 1” at barrel nut. Reckon what Barrel contour I would ask for on stock?
thanks

Zero333
12-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum !

Varmint barrel contour and you're right, it doesn't matter if it's center or stagger feed since it's a single shot.

Only the action screw spacing matters, which for the long action there is only one spacing.

From what I read in the past there were short actions with triple digit nomenclature (like model 112) with a screw spacing of 4.52"ish. But since you already measured your spacing to be 5.06", you know it's a long action and any long action stock will work.

Make sure you choose a long action stock with a Blind Magazine. But I'm sure you already know this.

jrgreene1968
12-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum !

Varmint barrel contour and you're right, it doesn't matter if it's center or stagger feed since it's a single shot.

Only the action screw spacing matters, which for the long action there is only one spacing.

From what I read in the past there were short actions with triple digit nomenclature (like model 112) with a screw spacing of 4.52"ish. But since you already measured your spacing to be 5.06", you know it's a long action and any long action stock will work.

Make sure you choose a long action stock with a Blind Magazine. But I'm sure you already know this.

thanks for the help. I just wanted to be sure before I place an order.

Zero333
12-16-2017, 10:14 PM
That's part of the reason why this forum exists... To help each other.

You know what they say... We're a buncha conservative gun lovin a-hole bigots.

Yet we like helping other folk when they need it, even those who hate us.

:canada: