PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find replacement scope base screws

Galveston22
09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Where can I find good torx head replacement screws to mount my 1-piece EGW base. I've had the standard allen head ones 6x48 work loose on me twice and its very annoying having to remount my scope every time. I even used blue loctite and the still came loose.

possum1
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm not positive, but I think I read a post from them; you can contact them and they will send them to you.

khuff
09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Brownells.com They have various ones, I believe they are sold in 6 and 12 packs.

hailstone
09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
If there coming loose even when you've used loctite then there is something wrong. You need too check everything out. I've never used locktite on any of my rifle/scopes setups and have never have had any come loose from firing. Then again I'm very fussy when mounting bases too receivers, installing rings and mounting scopes making sure everything is kosher. I'm not talking light scopes either but high magnification scopes used for long range and target shooting on magnum rifle chamberings. Cheap rings and bases for your sighting system is not conducive too durability under hard recoil.