PDA

View Full Version : Trigger fun!

rbertalotto
12-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Bought a 12FV and an 11x last week. Both in 6.5 Creedmoor. Got to the range yesterday and both shot amazingly well. But the triggers on both had lots of creep and seemed heavier than I expected.

Measured them and the 12 was 2 pounds and the 11 was at 3.5 pounds.

Tonight I took them apart and replaced spring with some I had in my spring collection.
The 11 Now has a beautiful 1 pound trigger pull. No creep. Very nice.

But the 12 is another story. No mater what spring I use I can’t get it under 2 pounds. Even with both springs removed, the pull is still 2 pounds!

Looks like im going to have to get the India stones out and have my way with the sear engagement.

Bigeclipse
12-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Bought a 12FV and an 11x last week. Both in 6.5 Creedmoor. Got to the range yesterday and both shot amazingly well. But the triggers on both had lots of creep and seemed heavier than I expected.

Measured them and the 12 was 2 pounds and the 11 was at 3.5 pounds.

Tonight I took them apart and replaced spring with some I had in my spring collection.
The 11 Now has a beautiful 1 pound trigger pull. No creep. Very nice.

But the 12 is another story. No mater what spring I use I can’t get it under 2 pounds. Even with both springs removed, the pull is still 2 pounds!

Looks like im going to have to get the India stones out and have my way with the sear engagement.
dang, I hope these rifles are strictly for warm weather hunting or range toys. Going under 2lbs is simply unnecessary and even dangerous for cold weather hunting. When I read your original statement of (heavy triggers) I was thinking you were going to say 4-5lb triggers haha not 2-3.5lb triggers...

rbertalotto
12-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Currently these are range guns. They were purchased to see how much accuracy can be tweaked out of a $300 rifle. I’ll be writing an article with results. Once finished, the 11 will go back to a 3 pound trigger for hunting. The 12 will remain as light and safe as I can tune it for bench work.