PDA

View Full Version : Replacement bolt handle for Axis

jlsbassman
12-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Who makes the best replacement bolt handle for the Axis? I recently purchased an Axis in 6.5 creedmoor with a heavy barrel. Also bought a mdt lss chassis for it. Looking for a replacement bolt handle for it.

ktmracer358
12-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Glades armory

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Want2BS8ed
12-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Are there other drop-in options available for the Axis?

I'm having difficulty getting a reply from Glades Armory regarding some fit/finish issues with a recently purchased bolt handle.

Thanks,

M

Mb1500
12-10-2017, 01:06 AM
Not that I have seen, they are the only game in town.

FWIW I emailed them previously and never got a response. I have one of their handles on my Axis, overall I'm happy with it.

Want2BS8ed
12-10-2017, 02:00 AM
Not that I have seen, they are the only game in town.

FWIW I emailed them previously and never got a response. I have one of their handles on my Axis, overall I'm happy with it.
Thanks. Was holding out hope for an alternative in lieu of reaching them to swap out what arrived. Nothing a file won't fix, but it's going to wreck the finish.

Tried calling the number on the PayPal confirmation - literally all I got was a little old lady repeating "no english"... not particularly promising.

Also, to the OP, have you gotten your MDT chassis yet? Picked up one of their stocks on Black Friday to finish a Remington build on an Extreme Hardcore Gear chassis. Was really impressed with MDT's work. Well thought out and well executed - little things like flats on the cheek riser columns for the pair of set screws included to lock the cheek piece in place, etc.

Wasn't aware they were doing anything for the Axis yet. Interested to hear your thoughts.

M

jlsbassman
12-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Want2BS8ed, I did pick it up yesterday. Mounted the action in it and everything was a perfect fit. The only problem I found was the magpul aics pattern mags did not fit properly right around the end of the feed lips. The regular aics mags fit perfect. MDT does a great job with the finish and maching.

Want2BS8ed
12-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Want2BS8ed, I did pick it up yesterday. Mounted the action in it and everything was a perfect fit. The only problem I found was the magpul aics pattern mags did not fit properly right around the end of the feed lips. The regular aics mags fit perfect. MDT does a great job with the finish and maching.
Good to hear. MDT does do good work!

Had a similar problem with the Magpul mags in the EHG chassis... just a skoosh to large.

M

jlsbassman
12-15-2017, 06:37 PM
I ended up getting a glades. Perfect fit. Looks great.