PDA

View Full Version : Modular Stock for 11

jb34454
12-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Recently, yesterday, i picked up a 2nd LRH in 6.5 Creedmoor, had no plans on buying this rifle since i already have one but for some reason My LGS had the Firearm marked at $430 plus the $100 mail in rebate. so after taxes ill end up having right around 350 bucks into this new Firearm and figured I couldn't go wrong with that.

All that being said, my plan originally was to find a used youth stock or cut down a wood stock for my sons to use up at our place in Wisco for youth season. but creeping threw this site and Savages site I feel I found a better option and am looking for help with opinions and maybe other options.

My new plan is to pick up a LSS Chassis System (or something similar that i don't know is out there) and put an adjustable 6 position stock onto it so the Firearm can grow with my boys and i don't need to worry about getting them a new stock.

So i suppose i'm asking if anyone out there has done a similar thing or if anyone has any other ideas as to what i could to to make the weapon a little more youth friendly. weight isn't an issue since we will be hunting from a tower blind and i will be carrying the weapon for them to the blind until they are a tad older, plus who doesn't want to see their kids put dinner on the table.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
Jeff