PDA

View Full Version : Wood vs Tupperware trigger gaurd

Monkeymaster
12-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Hello,
I have a Steven's 200 tupper ware stock with plastic trigger gaurd,
I picked up a Boyd's wood stock and the plastic trigger gaurd is too thick, as it stands out of the stock about 1/4 inch, are the wood stock Savage trigger gaurds thinner than the Steven's plastic stock trigger gaurds?
I have filled it down, but there is a aluminum washer embedded in the plastic, and I would have to file it completely away to get it to sit flush, and at that point, I believe the action screw would pull thru, as in there would no longer be any contact point for the bolt head to hold onto.
Any help, would be great.
Thanks

foxx
12-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Boyds offers a steel trigger guard for the Axis. $12. It's listed on their website under "accessories"

jpdown
12-03-2017, 01:41 PM
I assume since it is a Stevens 200 it has a top side bolt release. The factory stock must have come with the "new style" plastic TG with the thicker front lip. I believe you need a Savage "old style" metal TG with the thin front lip. These are available from vendors like Gun Shack, Brownell's, Midway USA.

godale
12-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Good info as I am going to restock my Stevens or axis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Baker
12-06-2017, 01:12 PM
There's at least two heights of Savage trigger guards. Don't recall when the change was made, but it's easy to tell the difference. Some will have a riser (think cowboy boot heel) on the rear ear of the trigger guard, others will be flat all along the bottom. Of course the new bottom bolt release models are also different with different heights on the front ear.