PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum stock

Pages : 1 [2]

sharpshooter
12-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Well you better let the unlimited class benchrest shooters know that....
Imagine how good their groups could be had they known not to use aluminum in their rail guns:rolleyes:

Rail guns don't use stocks......

darkker
12-08-2017, 05:25 PM
No they don't. They are bolted down by a block of aluminum, to aluminum.
https://www.google.com/search?q=benchrest+Rail+guns&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiJt9aYrPvXAhVL2mMKHVGtD8AQsAQILQ&biw=1600&bih=769
Lee Rassmussen(probably botched the spelling of his name :o ) Doesn't seem bothered by it.

Everything has a harmonic frequency to which it resonates, barrels resonate and whip when fired. Air around the barrels conduct head as well. These things don't prevent use, just have different effects upon what we enjoy.

C.J.W.
12-08-2017, 05:27 PM
MDT LSS.
Only real hang-up with that one is the relatively short fore-end, and the fact that it is COOOLD when hunting in the winter.:pI have a friend with the mdt lss chassis.

Opening day of deer hunting this year it was freezing rain and snow. Unbeknownst to him his mitt had frozen to the chassis.

He saw a deer pretty close to him and went to reposition his gun and the mitt made a loud ripping noise pulling off the aluminum. Deer ran away.

[emoji38]

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Deadshot2
12-09-2017, 07:31 PM
I have a friend with the mdt lss chassis.

Opening day of deer hunting this year it was freezing rain and snow. Unbeknownst to him his mitt had frozen to the chassis.

He saw a deer pretty close to him and went to reposition his gun and the mitt made a loud ripping noise pulling off the aluminum. Deer ran away.

[emoji38]

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

I've seen wet frozen gloves make enough noise just bending your fingers in them. When it gets that cold I wear combo glove/mitten with a hand warmer in the back of the fold back mitten portion. I buy the hand/toe warmers by the case and then put them in pockets, glove/mitten, socks, and sometimes under my hat.

foxx
12-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Personally, I don't like 10 pound or heavier "deer" rifles because they are difficult to pull up and make a quick shot on running game. I can carry them to and from a stand alright, I simply can't handle them quickly enough in certain circumstances. Like most anything else, you gotta consider the circumstances you are trying to prepare yourself for when choosing your tools. For a lot of folks in my area, deer hunting is a lot more like rabbit hunting than prairie dog hunting. That idea is beyond some hunters' imagining.

darkker
12-11-2017, 02:50 PM
I have a friend with the mdt lss chassis.

That's to bad, funny because it isn't us though...:cool:

To be fair, freezing rain doesn't descriminate to what it freezes to; but the aluminum may well be louder than an alternative.
Everything has pros and cons, just a matter of what you are after.