PDA

View Full Version : What's a Pacnor Barrel worth

chindits
11-28-2017, 02:27 PM
What would you folks recommend for an asking price on a 24" stainless steel straight taper 5 groove Pacnor .308 barrel? I got it way back in my deployment days 8-10 years ago, I think through a Savage Shooter Group buy so I don't know what grade it is. It has a case of Winchester Match ammo and about 100 rounds of reloads through it and maybe a box of Lake City. So I'm guessing less than 400 rounds. I haven't seen anybody selling Pacnor barrels in the classifieds so I'm not sure on a good asking price.

J.Baker
11-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Price would be comparable to a Criterion or McGowen or Douglas or X-Caliber or Shilen in similar used condition. They're all 416 SS and button rifled, and new they're all priced about the same these days.

That barrel's been collecting dust a while as I think the last Pac-Nor group buy was done back in 2005 or 2006.

chindits
11-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Just a guess on the group buy and the time frame. I went back in for the 3rd time around 06 and subsequently deployed 08-09 and 10-11. I usually keep receipts, but things got hectic back then. It could of been done through Sniper's Hide or individually. I just made the assumption it was a group buy as that is what motivated me to buy U.S. Optics years ago. How's that for bent logic.