PDA

View Full Version : LA Accu Stock Question

mt.ram
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I am new to the forum, but I have been brousing on it for quite some time. I am buying a new rifle for my wife and have decided to go with a Savage. She loves the 280 caliber so it will eventually be chambered for that, but have been looking at the 270 for this year. I would like to have a hinged floorplate. She also would like to have a laminate stock on it. My question is can the long action savages with accu stock be put in an aftermarket laminate stock? I have been trying to read up about this, but it seems like most the information I am finding is about short actions. Thanks for any information.

rjtfroggy
09-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Here is an idea go to Savage arms web site and look at the model 111bth.
It is 270win,hinged floor and laminate stock right from the factory-one stop shopping.

mt.ram
09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, but she doesn't like the thumbhole stock. I was looking at buying a 111 FHNS. If she doesn't like the synthetic stock, I was wondering if I could change the recoil lug and then bed it in an aftermarket stock.

rjtfroggy
09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Just about anything can be done.You would need the tools to pull the barrel off for the lug change. Check the gunparts web site they may still have some factory laminate stocks at very reasonable prices.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=12227