PDA

View Full Version : !16Weater Warrior bolt rattle

Worriedman50
11-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Is there any way to mitigate the rattle from my Weather Warrior bolt, it seems very loose and when I walk to my deer stand I was chasing a rattle, and realized it was the bolt...

J.Baker
11-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Are you walking around with the bolt open or what? I just shook the living snot out of three of my Savage's and they barely made a peep. If you have the bolt closed but decocked (dry-fire on empty chamber) it will take the firing pin tension off the bolt assembly and allow it to rattle a little, but even then I really had to shake it violently to get it to make any significant noise.

RustyShackle
11-27-2017, 07:57 PM
I’m with mrF on this. Shouldn’t be a rattle unless possibly carrying in the fired position???

Robinhood
11-28-2017, 12:55 AM
Is the BAS loose? Have you messed with the bolt at all?

Worriedman50
11-28-2017, 08:04 AM
I have not messed with the bolt at all, and it is not in fired position. I do not carry the rifle with a round chambered, but it does seem excessively loose and when I carry over my shoulder with a sling, it actually chatters when I walk.

RustyShackle
11-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Something is amiss. I would go over everything. You’re sure it’s the bolt rattling? And just how is it rattling? Bolt handle? Forward to aft play? More details needed.

bsekf
11-29-2017, 11:21 AM
I've got one that is loose too. Never had it apart, the bolt handle is loose all the time, almost like there is a shim missing. Action works just fine. I blame it on Savage QC. It is the only action I have that has not been T&T'd by Fred.

Bill

Worriedman50
12-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Bolt was just loose. I looked into how to disassemble it and found that the BAS was far less than even finger tight. I tightened it up and it is far better now. I can not imagine it made it off an inspector's table that loose, but I get it now...