PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis .308 Mods

Garrett301
11-27-2017, 01:25 PM
I just got a Savage Axis .308 a few days ago, I plan on getting a Vortex scope for it. Is there any other mods I can add to it? I want to change the stock. Could I add any Magpul parts on it, like the Magpul Proarchangel? Thanks!

DrThunder88
11-27-2017, 03:53 PM
You're talking about the Magpul Hunter stock and not the Promag Archangel, right? I don't think the latter has much of any accessory capability.

The factory Axis stock doesn't have any accessory mounts other than the standard sling swivel studs. It might not be that difficult to cut your own M-Lok slots in the forend of the factory stock, but you'd almost certainly need to make them under the finger groove. You could also get some Picatinny blank, cut it to the length you need, radius the bottom, drill and countersink it, and then attach it directly to the stock with machine screws and nuts. Once again, that would have to be below the finger groove though. With the Picatinny blank you would have the benefit of being able to angle the bottom of the rail as well, so you could make it parallel to the bore, which might not be important for things like bipods and foregrips but would be important for lasers and lights.

Still, you might run into problems with the flexibility of the Axis stock, and I'd question if it's really worth it. What kinds of accessories are you looking to put on your gun?