View Full Version : reloading advice

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dave Hoback
05-21-2019, 10:00 AM
I am a big fan of Redding products. While precision is certainly obtainable with Lee, RCBS, etc. standard dies, I hold my Redding Micrometer dies as extremely valuable! Using them only adds to high precision, and even more important to me, the enjoyment of reloading. While every aspect of reloading is a relaxing pastime for me, using my Redding Press & components certainly add to a higher level of enjoyment. And THIS is worth more to me than the best group I could ever post!

varget204
05-21-2019, 08:36 PM
For your 308 recommend Hornady Custom Match die set,FL sizer uses Bushings,you determine how much tension you want,Seater has Micrometer thimble to adjust in .001 increments,around $80-90,you can use RCBS,REDDING, or Hornady bushings

Stumpkiller
05-21-2019, 09:48 PM
I use a "universal" Lee decapping die, clean the case up, take the decapping/expanding cherry right out of my resizing die, and use a separate neck expander (K&M). I get very little run out with this approach (verified with a Hornady 0.0005" dial indicator in my concentricity gauge/tool).

Labor intensive and not for bulk, but for 20 round batches it works very well. I hand clean instead of tumble.

Hammerhead
06-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I chased the concentricity issue for a while using the Hornady gauge with the fix it screw on the side feature and discovered I was was jacking up the neck tension to make them concentric and they shot like crap anyway. That being said Lee dies produce some of the most concentric ammo out there, no reason to spend a bunch of money. I use quality barrels in all my rifles and with Lee dies will shoot quarter MOA out to 600 yds. One for instance I have a CZ527 in 204 that would only shoot half MOA with ammo loaded with some of the most expensive dies. I used a Lee collet die and produced a 7 shot quarter MOA group with the same load as my best group with any other die.